[US] Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 - $380

Faceman

On par with the GTX 780, the R9 290 provides you a ton of power, for much less than the comparable 780.

Gigabyte Radeon R9 290

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

There are throttling and artefecting issues though sometimes.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Not with the windforce cooler. 

Looks like the same price (With promo code on the top of the page) on Newegg as well. Just saying mainly because there are probably other people like me who greatly prefer Newegg over Tigerdirect.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

That's mostly on reference cards. The windforce is a great cooler.

379$ is a great price. I'm glad that prices are stable and even starting to drop. It took me over a month to get my R9 290, and I had to pay over MSRP.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Looks like the same price (With promo code on the top of the page) on Newegg as well. Just saying mainly because there are probably other people like me who greatly prefer Newegg over Tigerdirect.

The Newegg deal is with a mail in rebate, the Tigerdirect deal is instant savings.

That is only for the reference cards.  The Windforce is one of the higher factory overclocked 290s, as well as being one of the better air coolers.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I think Tigerdirect is also giving you $15 off your next order of $150 or more, at least that is what it says in my email.. might be email-only/member only specific.

The Newegg deal is with a mail in rebate, the Tigerdirect deal is instant savings.

Nah man, it's a promo code. Ya add it to your cart, then use the promo code they put right below the title during checkout for the discount. :P

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Nah man, it's a promo code. Ya add it to your cart, then use the promo code they put right below the title during checkout for the discount. :P

There is the mother's day promo code.. but for the Gigabyte Radeon R9, it is a $20 MIR

So ya, including the Mother's Day promo code, it is less expensive to get it from Newegg factoring in promo code + MIR.  But if the mother's day promo code were not there, it would be a $20 MIR to get the price down to $380.

There is the mother's day promo code.. but for the Gigabyte Radeon R9, it is a $20 MIR

So you can end up getting $40 off? I don't know if you can do that, but that'd be pretty cool.

So you can end up getting $40 off? I don't know if you can do that, but that'd be pretty cool.

Mother's Day Promo code = $20 off instantly.

Mail in Rebate = $20 that you may or may not get.

Mother's Day Promo code = $20 off instantly.

Mail in Rebate = $20 that you may or may not get.

I'm aware of that. I'd say that's worth the Newegg purchase though, considering you get the same $380 without the MIR, $360 if it goes through. 

Holy Jeezus, savings at PCCG in Aus too, only $450 (420 USD) :o but still a lot cheaper than normal. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I would be very careful.  These were never redesigned even after the recall due to it running very hot :(

Holy Jeezus, savings at PCCG in Aus too, only $450 (420 USD) :o but still a lot cheaper than normal. 

I picked up two last week at CPL Online when they were the same price (stupid 1 per customer PCCG limit) - I actually got the last one and they had to order another in for me  :D

I would be very careful.  These were never redesigned even after the recall due to it running very hot :(

It's the rev. 2 cooler, and the only cards that ran hot were the reference ones  <_< .

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

It's the rev. 2 cooler, and the only cards that ran hot were the reference ones  <_< .

I had rev 1 Windforce cooler and it nearly hit 90*C and the VRM's got toasty!

I had rev 1 Windforce cooler and it nearly hit 90*C and the VRM's got toasty!

O_O Wow, now that's not normal. 

Stock cooling is the worst choice if your not water cooling it straight away, for obvious reasons we've all talked about and got sick of hearing repeatedly.

With most if not ALL R9 290 series Aftermarket coolers, they do not throttle, however they still are a heated beast of a card, expect temps still around high 70's and into the 80's, depending on where you live in the world you could even see it climb into the 90's at times of extreme hot days.

Don't set your "cooling" expectations so high, but enjoy the beast of a card that comes in a lower price point than that of something else that's relatively the same speeds give or take but manages to be a little cooler again (NV.780)

Either way you'll enjoy your products.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

O_O Wow, now that's not normal. 

That's why they recalled it.  Both Asus and Gigbyte took the 780 cooler and put it on the 290 and 290x but the heatpipes didn't make proper contact so they ran hot.