Off Topic Chit Chat

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

a lot of information is good, but a lot of length is not so good :P

It can be a lot of unnecessary information with bits of useful information but I enjoy helping people when I've got spare time. I'm not opposed to reading lots. 

Sorry in advance if this is not the place for this stuff, but I have to tell it to someone who is as interested in LMG stuff as I am.

I had a dream last night with Linus. It was about some useful tech stuff around his house. Lighting, media, security and whatnot. The thing that was really weird was the last item in the video. It was quite a large box that he made for his son that could sort/dispense lego. But it had a quirk. It would never give you a piece that is blue. Apparently Linus does not like blue lego pieces.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who had a dream with him. I might need to check a doctor. 

34 minutes ago, Wavorly said:

...]I might need to check a doctor. 

yes, that would probably be best :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 1-11-2017 at 5:30 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Give it an accurate title

can this please become a rule?

I have seen a lot of posts having a title like "NEED HELP", the only way you get some information without having to open the post is by looking in which section it is posted.

edit: sometimes these post are in the troubeshooting section, so looking at the section won't give any information about the post.

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

Just now, marten.aap2.0 said:

can this please become a rule?

I have seen a lot of posts having a title like "NEED HELP", the only way you get some information without having to open the post is by looking in which section it is posted.

Well it is a rule but it has to be pretty out there to be considered a problem.  If we lowered (or would that be raised?) the bar to prevent things on the level of "need help" just fixing those would take all of our available time and then some.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well it is a rule but it has to be pretty out there to be considered a problem.  If we lowered (or would that be raised?) the bar to prevent things on the level of "need help" just fixing those would take all of our available time and then some.

ok, true, I guess I'll have to keep ignoring them or read them :)

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

Just now, marten.aap2.0 said:

ok, true, I guess I'll have to keep ignoring them or read them :)

Yeah, what we have a problem is people making obvious clickbait like "Look over here!  Read my post" that literally tells you nothing about it - even "need help" lets you know it's probably troubleshooting or build planning - or specific things that actually have nothing to do with the post just to get clicks, like "my cat jumped off the roof!" and then the content is like "ok now that I have your attention, I need a GPU for under $300"

Money. imo in a perfect world money should not exist.. or well... they way it exist in the way it does now imo. Should be a luxuary more then esstential, food/ basic shelter should base on a quota unless you gone over or want more then you pay with money(a luxuary currency).

To earn this soo call luxauary money you have to work for it stuff like pc,tv,gaming concoles are bought by money(a luxuary currency) which in theroy should keep the flow going, as we live in a materialistic world . Just a food for thought :P

lives on

BAKABT

This morning, on November 5th at 10:39 AM, I got the message.

My 5870 is dead.

It lived a good long life.

But that life has now come to a close.

And now she rests in peace.

Farewell, 5870.

You served me well.

You will be missed.

But you will not be forgotten

Kelvin

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 hours ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

Money. imo in a perfect world money should not exist.. or well... they way it exist in the way it does now imo. Should be a luxuary more then esstential, food/ basic shelter should base on a quota unless you gone over or want more then you pay with money(a luxuary currency).

To earn this soo call luxauary money you have to work for it stuff like pc,tv,gaming concoles are bought by money(a luxuary currency) which in theroy should keep the flow going, as we live in a materialistic world . Just a food for thought :P

This game me an idea that I'm sure would cause riots in the street in some countries but might not be a bad idea actually.  There's a lot of people who don't earn enough to live, and plenty that earn more than enough, but there's some in the "middle" that earn enough to live, but spend it foolishly and end up homeless or something else.  If there were two currencies - one used for basic goods like rent, food, etc. and the other for all other goods (PCs, etc.) and you were only paid the basic one until you cross a certain minimum threshold and then any earnings above that were in the "luxury" one, it might help avoid that problem.  Of course I could see underground conversion places popping up so idk...

On 11/6/2017 at 4:33 AM, Jackson Attwood said:

Anyone want a HIGH SPEED USB 3.0 VGA CABLE?!

Just arrived in the mail from Ebay. 

0AA063BA-3A2D-4652-8374-AA0EFB98A057.jpeg

The only thing written on there that's not a lie is "MADE IN CHINA". I bet it's not even 1 meter.

5 minutes ago, Xiach said:

Ayyy hello people

Hello there.

Random person or an LTT fan?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Hello there.

Random person or an LTT fan?

Yeah LTT fan and I'm going to be building a pc because of those guys no more of that prebuilt nonsense

On 11/5/2017 at 1:27 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

This game me an idea that I'm sure would cause riots in the street in some countries but might not be a bad idea actually.  There's a lot of people who don't earn enough to live, and plenty that earn more than enough, but there's some in the "middle" that earn enough to live, but spend it foolishly and end up homeless or something else.  If there were two currencies - one used for basic goods like rent, food, etc. and the other for all other goods (PCs, etc.) and you were only paid the basic one until you cross a certain minimum threshold and then any earnings above that were in the "luxury" one, it might help avoid that problem.  Of course I could see underground conversion places popping up so idk...

From a philosophical standpoint, why would someone get to pick when I'm "ready" or not to enjoy luxuries? It sounds like a violation of free will.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Does Taran swear like this ?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 hours ago, Sylvie said:

Oh hey I have one of those in hot rod fire horns

ylBQz.png

:^)

Just so you know, this really wasn't worth the approximately $8 it took to make this but whatever, I'm used to wasting money on this shit by now.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 12:00 AM, sandboarder08 said:

Has everyone bought their bread and milk?

NO! I drink apple juice

On 06/11/2017 at 5:27 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

This might work... but there would be a black market for exchanging currencies.

and what currency do you get paid in? If you have a loan for a car or house, do you only receive money in that currency until you have paid off the loan? If that’s the case, more people will try to steal stuff from shops. It would mean less people go bankrupt, though.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:44 PM, LtStaffel said:

From a philosophical standpoint, why would someone get to pick when I'm "ready" or not to enjoy luxuries? It sounds like a violation of free will.

Basically it's just designed to protect people from themselves, much like how you must wear a seatbelt in a car, a helmet on a bike, etc.

It's designed to prevent people from ending up starving and homeless.  It could still happen, but it would only happen when they are truly down on their luck, and not just because they were stupid, which would probably help a lot of people.

Also though, this was just a spur of the moment thought, don't think I've got this exhaustively thought out or anything :P

On 08/09/2017 at 2:56 PM, DeezNoNos said:

hai

はい