4070 strange noise when in game

Zibi
Go to solution Solved by Vishera,

It's called coil whine, it's normal.

It's tied to the FPS - The higher the FPS the more coil whine you get.

In games that don't cap the FPS in the loading screen the FPS in the loading screen can be really high and so is the coil whine.

Yo. 

Recently finished new build, was using it for a while without gpu, now bought 4070(msi ventus 3x) (works for me Ok? Not best price/perf but I like it) BUT card is making very strange noise when under load, in games, especially loading screens and menus. It's electrical sound, buzzing, like mosquito or smthing. 

When idle - nothing. While in actual gameplay - sometimes can hear it, mostly not. But all idle screens etc - it's there. 

Now I don't want to be panicking, returning card, asking for replacement etc, but... I'm jot an expert Ok, but I think brand new part should not behave like that? 

If there are some tests I can do to find what the issue is, please talk me trough them, I'll happily follow any guidance. 

Cheers! 

It's called coil whine, it's normal.

It's tied to the FPS - The higher the FPS the more coil whine you get.

In games that don't cap the FPS in the loading screen the FPS in the loading screen can be really high and so is the coil whine.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566