Does this socket look okay?

Got a 'used' board off amazon. It's an B650e board (AM5 socket) there's those couple pins in the middle that look kinda off? I looked with some zoomy googles for minature painting and from the top they dont look bent, but it's hard to tell?

20230423_150752.jpg

20230423_150800.jpg

20230423_150851.jpg

20230423_150912.jpg

1 minute ago, Loading17 said:

Got a 'used' board off amazon. It's an B650e board (AM5 socket) there's those couple pins in the middle that look kinda off? I looked with some zoomy googles for minature painting and from the top they dont look bent, but it's hard to tell?

~Snipped~

Definitely two pins on the left half in the first photo. The other photos I can't make out what is going on as they're not in focus. Try looking from a narrow angle with the plane of the socket (like eye level) and see if they're aligned with the surrounding pins. Rotate the board 90o and check again that way too. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

9 minutes ago, Loading17 said:

Ok here's a few more 

~Snipped~

In this photo, at least 3 pins are bent. If you have a steady hand, you should try and "nudge" them back into alignment. 

bentpins.thumb.jpg.06d19b054467845f12394644239e1296.jpg

From left to right in the photo, the left pin it looks like it has to be pushed down. Middle pin, possibly the same thing but be very careful as they are fragile!!! Right pin, same situation as middle pin. The middle and right pins look almost vertical in the socket so hence to be very careful. 

Also, when you opened the box, did the motherboard have a socket cover?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

It did have a socket cover yup. I'm guessing it was perhaps returned because whomever bought it dropped something on it? I don't have my processor yet, should be here thursday. Should I start the return with amazon, or should I hold off till I get the processor?

1 minute ago, Loading17 said:

It did have a socket cover yup. I'm guessing it was perhaps returned because whomever bought it dropped something on it? I don't have my processor yet, should be here thursday. Should I start the return with amazon, or should I hold off till I get the processor?

return it and get a new one even it works now it could be a hassle in a couple of years when the warrantee ends

I hit 700W on an i5 with a NHD15

Also I'm 14 so please just confirm anything I say with someone more experienced

7 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

In this photo, at least 3 pins are bent. If you have a steady hand, you should try and "nudge" them back into alignment. 

I had to do this on an LGA2011-3 server once, using dental picks. I was successful, but the pins didn't look 100% perfect because they reflected light differently from the others.

Slip a piece of paper like a Post-It note or piece of index card between the rows of pins. That will make it easier to see how they're bent.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

8 minutes ago, Loading17 said:

If you don't feel comfortable trying to realign the pins in the socket yourself, then I'd recommend returning the board. 

4 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I had to do this on an LGA2011-3 server once, using dental picks. I was successful, but the pins didn't look 100% perfect because they reflected light differently from the others.

Slip a piece of paper like a Post-It note or piece of index card between the rows of pins. That will make it easier to see how they're bent.

I've also used tooth picks. It happened to me removing my 4790K from the socket when preparing the board for storage (yes I know I could have kept it in the board, but I also have the box the processor came in) and used tooth picks. Had to fix at least 3 pins when I dropped the processor in the socket at an angle. 

That's a good tip that I never thought about putting an index card in between the rows of pins. 

Pins are borked just return it

If you arent experienced nor have a steady hand i would not reccomend pin bending

Ive had to pin bend many times when i got broken boards that came in with bent pins (actually prefferable to have bent pins since the issue is clear), most of em are pretty simple nudge the pin into place but some of em have straightened pins (doesnt sit properly when bent back) or pins that are outright bent backwards and those ones are a real pain to deal with, gotta use like both hands with a razor and a needle to bend em at once. As for tools a razor and needle will do you just need to know how to use em correctly

Okay, so they are going to refund me the cost of the item but I don't have to return it. Should I attempt to use it? Straighten the pins first? I wouldn't want to fry my processor or anything if I don't get it right? 

17 minutes ago, Loading17 said:

Okay, so they are going to refund me the cost of the item but I don't have to return it. Should I attempt to use it? Straighten the pins first? I wouldn't want to fry my processor or anything if I don't get it right? 

You can always keep it as a backup board and try to straighten the pins out.

They said I can attempt to resell it even. If I were to attempt to sell it on ebay with pictures of the pins and description, what would people figure I should ask for?

1 hour ago, Loading17 said:

Ok here's a few more 

20230423_153921.jpg

20230423_153934.jpg

20230423_153958.jpg

20230423_154009.jpg

20230423_154016.jpg

Some of those pins look burned and bent too. 
Either way it was a good call to try and get your money back. 
However the board may still work after you get these pins cleaned and back in shape - Good thing about it is they're not broken.

May be a good rainy day project to try one day.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.