There is something that has been puzzling me for a while now.

Azurael

When ever I ask for help or suggestion with regards to CPUs or Graphics cards there is ALMOST always someone that suggests I choose an AMD product despite my question or specs not including anything AMD related. There is also often times someone that rather just tell me I should build my new PC myself; over buying a prebuilt custom order PC which is often what my question is about when that suggestion is made. I can understand that certain people have very strong opinions or feelings about certain matters because I do too. What I don't understand is why they feel the need to voice that opinion even when it is not helping solve the issue or contribute to the topic. I feel very frustrated when this type of thing happens since I get these types of scenarios often times at work and I was hoping I could avoid them for the most part outside of it.

My Main PC

• CPU: 13700KF
  • Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk
  • RAM: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5-6000MHz TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta
  • GPU: RTX 4070 ASUS Dual
  • Case: RAIDMAX X603
  • Storage: WD SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair RM850X Fully Modular
  • Cooling: DEEPCOOL LS720
  • Display(s): Gigabyte G24F2 & Dell S2318HN/NX
  • Keyboard: Logitech G512 Carbon (GX Blue)
  • Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero
  • Sound: Bose Headphone & Creative SBS260
  • Operating System: Windows 11 Pro

Laptop: Alienware m15 R1

• CPU: 9750H
  • MB: OEM
  • RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 2666Mhz
  • GPU: RTX 2060 (Mobile)

Phone: Galaxy A54

Other: Nintendo Switch

27 minutes ago, Azurael said:

When ever I ask for help or suggestion with regards to CPUs or Graphics cards there is ALMOST always someone that suggests I choose an AMD product despite my question or specs not including anything AMD related. There is also often times someone that rather just tell me I should build my new PC myself; over buying a prebuilt custom order PC which is often what my question is about when that suggestion is made. I can understand that certain people have very strong opinions or feelings about certain matters because I do too. What I don't understand is why they feel the need to voice that opinion even when it is not helping solve the issue or contribute to the topic. I feel very frustrated when this type of thing happens since I get these types of scenarios often times at work and I was hoping I could avoid them for the most part outside of it.

Because plenty of people posting on this forum have very little knowledge so don't know there are other options.  We would be doing them a huge disservice to just ignore advising them of the other options out there.

Its almost a full-time job keeping up-to-date with what the best options are.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

People can get really opinionated about this stuff. AMD, NVIDIA, Intel, whatever: They all make products that help us compute. And that’s the whole point. I personally prefer Intel and NVIDIA over AMD. Just preferences.

Try getting help doing something trivial in Linux! Its not so bad in the last few years but Linux lovers used to be the most unhelpful asses.

On 4/21/2023 at 5:41 AM, Caroline said:

If you're an Intel fanboy then there's nothing we can do but if someone suggested the 7800X3D over the 13900K he's probably right.

And prebuilts suck. They often cheap out in parts like the PSU or come with barebones mobos, not to mention the firmware locks or the proprietary form factors that leave you with a case and PSU you can't reuse in the future.

Being honest if you want a prebuilt just get a laptop, at least it'll come with a battery. As a matter of fact, for most users a laptop is fine for normie stuff like browsing youtube or editing spreadsheets.

Posts like these prove OPs point, sadly. Calling someone fanboy for going for certain brands or products. Dissing some ways of being part of PC world because of one's own skewed opinions.

The fact remains. These are open forums. We don't moderate opinions. There are good and bad opinions, as there are good and bad ways of bringing them up. The best way is to either ignore those posts that you feel aren't helping you. Or pointing out that they aren't answering your needs. If there are some who just come in without even trying to find best solutions for your needs, report them and moderation will see if they are stepping out of the line.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/18/2023 at 10:41 PM, Azurael said:

Yup I see this on the forums but it's really no different than anywhere else really. When I reply I try to just answer the questions poised and not try to give the virtues of AMD/INTEL/NVIDIA/ETC but I find it annoying but am fully aware some people have very strong opinions and it's best just ignore them and move on.

On 4/19/2023 at 6:41 AM, Azurael said:

You know, try not to use your energy on answers that don't have nothing to do with your thread / question. I guess if someone gets ignorered openly, and they can see it, that is what works best. May be harshe in some way but life is too short to please everyone 😄

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

People in general want to have the ‘best’ things. 

Couple that with the phrase ‘just enough knowledge to be dangerous’ and you get a mix of people who believe their views are absolutely  correct all the time and don’t have the knowledge or the emotional intelligence to know that best is subjective and relevant to the use case.