New PC build Windows not booting

So to start off I'm new to PC building I had help from a friend with picking the parts and installing them but didn't have a USB with windows on, after now getting on I unplugged all my HDDs so I can install onto just an SSD, it went through the setup and all looked good until I removed my USB and restarted and was met with a brief black screen with _ on and then the options for boot menu / bios settings etc.

When selecting boot menu I can see my SSD shows the menu:

"Windows Boot Manager (WD_BLACK SN850X 1000GB)"

"WD_BLACK SN850X 1000GB"

but selecting either of these is met with the same "_" screen.

I contacted my friend who advised to try get back into the windows installer now be reinserting the USB but now I can't even get to windows setup, we tried removing the battery from the motherboard to reset the bils, tried every combination of Legacy Only / UEFI Only on the Storage Boot Option Control but I've got nowhere in 6 hours, google is a minefield and gives me so many different options I'm even more confused. Attached are some relevant lictures but I'm honestly so clueless and my first PC build turned into a nightmare quickly..

0fb221c6-a394-42ae-a879-f3d44806a9f2.jpg

a6295ef9-2ed7-4e02-8705-22b033f01a11.jpg

c16036e8-2838-429f-8693-98987134755b.jpg

39 minutes ago, Longton said:

So to start off I'm new to PC building I had help from a friend with picking the parts and installing them but didn't have a USB with windows on, after now getting on I unplugged all my HDDs so I can install onto just an SSD, it went through the setup and all looked good until I removed my USB and restarted and was met with a brief black screen with _ on and then the options for boot menu / bios settings etc.

When selecting boot menu I can see my SSD shows the menu:

"Windows Boot Manager (WD_BLACK SN850X 1000GB)"

"WD_BLACK SN850X 1000GB"

but selecting either of these is met with the same "_" screen.

I contacted my friend who advised to try get back into the windows installer now be reinserting the USB but now I can't even get to windows setup, we tried removing the battery from the motherboard to reset the bils, tried every combination of Legacy Only / UEFI Only on the Storage Boot Option Control but I've got nowhere in 6 hours, google is a minefield and gives me so many different options I'm even more confused. Attached are some relevant lictures but I'm honestly so clueless and my first PC build turned into a nightmare quickly..

0fb221c6-a394-42ae-a879-f3d44806a9f2.jpg

a6295ef9-2ed7-4e02-8705-22b033f01a11.jpg

c16036e8-2838-429f-8693-98987134755b.jpg

Did you try selecting the USB stick where the windows installer is on?

3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Did you try selecting the USB stick where the windows installer is on?

Yeah I tried selecting the specific USB from the boot menu but it just comes up with the same "_" screen instantly.

I'm debating just installing windows onto my HDD at this point

18 minutes ago, Longton said:

Yeah I tried selecting the specific USB from the boot menu but it just comes up with the same "_" screen instantly.

I'm debating just installing windows onto my HDD at this point

that wont change that the usb doesnt seem to work. I'd try removing all drives and seeing if it boots into the usb then, if it doesnt, reinstall the windows installer on the usb

2 minutes ago, Latvian Video said:

that wont change that the usb doesnt seem to work. I'd try removing all drives and seeing if it boots into the usb then, if it doesnt, reinstall windows on the usb

I'll try that now, if it does boot on the USB with no drives what would be the steps from then? Thank you for the reply