What it's Like to Work for Linus - Employees Answer

AdamFromLTT
20 hours ago, nhand42 said:

Good video and much needed. There's so much nonsense being repeated on the subreddit and other forums such as "ex-employee of LTT spills beans of Linus tyrannical behavior" and "LTT employees secretly hate working for Linus". That's such obvious NONSENSE because there are people who have been working at LTT for years. I've seen employees tearing up with emotion during their farewell videos. Those aren't things that happen at a toxic workplace.

People having good experiences and people having bad experiences aren't mutually exclusive. Truly critical people were never going to be in this video. Though it'd certainly be interesting if they'd interviewed Madison.

I don't think you can tell whether the posts on the subreddit are of any significance from videos like these.

2 minutes ago, Kisai said:

A company should only have people-managing-people-who-are-doing-things, not people-managing-people-who-manage-people.

from what i see about LMG, they're surprisingly efficient with "middle management" for the size they are.

yes, every team has a manager of sorts, but the majority at least appear to be "co-operating managers" (that's a translation of the dutch term, might be inaccurate) so it's more like the most senior member of a team ensuring people arent running into each other.

i've worked for a 50 employee company that had more people in management than they had boots on the ground. the public-facing aspect of LMG is enough to show me that they are not that.

on the flip side of efficiency in management of a smaller business, is that other aspects (facility, HR)  scale with a much flatter curve than other aspects, so those 6 managers  they could save by cutting stuff up, would be lost to those management roles that cannot be consolidated now. beyond  that one bigger company also means the combined budget is bigger, so something like "the lab" would be significantly more difficult to get going when things are sliced up.

they have actually hinted at this (on a WAN show?) about the stuff they have sliced off, and the finance headache this is.

I'm glad to see Jack Bellavance still around. When he dissappeared from the WAN show I feared it hadn't worked out, but I didn't dare ask. 

Miss his voice though. No offense Dan, your dry humor is very befitting and you have grown to become an essential part of the show, still miss Jack a bit though. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

On 4/16/2023 at 5:35 PM, Kisai said:

When you get past a certain size,

A company should only have people-managing-people-who-are-doing-things, not people-managing-people-who-manage-people.

Yeah, middle management sucks, but when you reach a certain size, it's required. 

I've worked for organizations with over 100,000 employees, that isn't possible without middle management.

10 hours ago, DeerDK said:

I'm glad to see Jack Bellavance still around. When he dissappeared from the WAN show I feared it hadn't worked out, but I didn't dare ask. 

Miss his voice though. No offense Dan, your dry humor is very befitting and you have grown to become an essential part of the show, still miss Jack a bit though. 

He still does the sponsor reads for the podcast version of WAN Show.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

As much as I miss the older days of lmg, the content has improved so much and the quality and output is nothing but impressive

I'm usually as lost as you are

On 4/15/2023 at 7:41 PM, tahsky said:

Fantastic Video. I would absolutely love a "React" Video from Linus or all of Management watching this video.

What part of "Linus can never watch this" did you miss?