Checking M.2 maximum SSD capacity in laptop

Greetings everyone, I have the question: How to check M.2 maximum SSD storage can feet in the laptop. Right now i'm using the MSI Katana GF76 11UC (11800H - RTX 3050).I want to upgrade my SSD from 512 GB in the beginning to 1 TB.I don't know does it fit or not. Could you show me some tips to see how ? Thank you everyone for reading

18 minutes ago, Skage said:

Greetings everyone, I have the question: How to check M.2 maximum SSD storage can feet in the laptop. Right now i'm using the MSI Katana GF76 11UC (11800H - RTX 3050).I want to upgrade my SSD from 512 GB in the beginning to 1 TB.I don't know does it fit or not. Could you show me some tips to see how ? Thank you everyone for reading

What do you mean by "fit" ?

As in m.2 dimension or whether or not the laptop can recognize and use 1tb drive ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

AFAIK there's no maximum capacity limit for SSDs in a laptop, if you wanted to spend the money you could get an 8TB drive in there no problem. The issue you might run into however is the supported drive sizes. 

There are two specs that matter when it comes to supported size, how many sides are used and the length. Most of the 1TB drives will be single sided, so that shouldn't be a concern. The issue you might run into though is what the supported length is though. From my 5-10 minutes of googling, I cannot find an official max drive length spec, both in the manual (they didn't have it in English though so I was relying on my high school German classes to read the German version, so it may be in there and I just can't tell) and on the rest of the product page. I'd assume that it like pretty much every other device has an M.2 2280 drive, it's easily the most common M.2 form factor and both Crucial and Kingston's compatibility tools show that it has a 2280mm drive, but they have been wrong before (the Crucial compatibility tool, for instance, says it's compatible with 2280mm drives, but that laptop can only take 2252mm drives) and I'd be hesitant to recommend just getting one of those without being 100% sure. The only way to be 100% sure though is to open up the laptop and look at the current drive in there to see what it's size is.