Call Centers

Aimez238

My husband and I bought a robo vac and had an issues with the app for it. Going through all the steps needed to insure none of the issues was with anything on our end and with the vac, I determined that the issue was with the app. We called on it to see if there was a workaround or something for this, but these call centers are required to go through their scripts to solve the issues... If some of these places would just ask us questions they could not only save their time, but they could save our time as well. I mean, we spend 30 to 40 minutes on the phone doing everything we already did 10 times over with all the added adjustments we could do, to have this person tell us the same thing I said it was. It really ended up being harder than need be because of this. Top all that off, their directions, and app both say to do the same thing the script reader had us do. It makes no sense to me... I mean think about it. You ask the customer if they tried this, that, and the other. In asking the different questions you can tell if they know a little bit about what is going on. So, why do they force us, and these reps to go over it all before asking us some basic questions?

For the record, I determined it was the app, because everything works just fine, but he app wont search for the internet at all, it just has a rotating ring like most do. I suspect the error is something small, like a coma where a period would be or something like that. 

Before someone posts the relevant XKCD, let me just say - the script ensures that the basic stuff doesn’t get missed before a whole bunch of time and effort is wasted. As someone who used to do this and had reps under him - it happens all the time

On 4/8/2023 at 3:40 PM, Caroline said:

Welcome to the stupid world of smart products. Now you know why I use a 80's vacuum cleaner.

The script is there to make the call longer so you pay more for it, and to tire users with literal unskippable dialogue lines. "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

hmm sounds like the caption scam...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Cut my teeth in call centers back in the day.  

You could have a smoking gun set of symptoms, jump to the correct action, then have your team leader reprimand you for not sticking to the process. 

Its frustrating, but try and have mercy on the poor souls on the other end of the line.  They are micromanaged into near uselessness.   

Also, they likely hire a wide range of people. The processes are there so you can have an entirely unskilled person work the phones.  Considering every call center contract I was on had near 100% turnover rates after 3 months, you can see how that would be a problem.   

Tech support for a small company usually had folks burn out after a couple years (unless you are a masochist like me).

• 2 weeks later...

As a former fellow masochist, I can say its amazing how often things just overlooked or forgotten and how people are ignorant or just plain stupid when it comes to computer setup and operation.

4 hours ago, Jmz_P said:

As a former fellow masochist, I can say its amazing how often things just overlooked or forgotten and how people are ignorant or just plain stupid when it comes to computer setup and operation.

Which is exactly why first level tech support reads the instructions back to you before escalating.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.