EVGA Z790 Classified Mystery

thegreatgeekyme

Hello all,

I recently built a new machine using the EVGA Z790 Classified motherboard. This is my first EVGA build and I am having some weird intermittent issues with this board. My main one is that sometimes when I restart the computer it will take me to the bios setup unprompted and ask me if I want to enter setup. This happens without me pressing F2 or delete on boot up. Sometimes it will just say would you like to enter setup, sometimes it will say "Your CPU has changed" sometimes it will say "Your RAM configuration has changed". Its very weird. Any suggestions or experience with this?

Try replacing the button cell first and foremost.  Could be flat.  therre will be a little CR2032 or similar on the board.  Pop it out and put a brand new one from a shop in it.  That way you can eliminate that possible defect

Note:  When you replace the battery the BIOS will be reset.  So you WILL get the enter BIOS screen for the first boot.  Just load optimised default as the manual describes and it should stop once that's done.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

3 minutes ago, ChonkerFox said:

Try replacing the button cell first and foremost.  Could be flat.  therre will be a little CR2032 or similar on the board.  Pop it out and put a brand new one from a shop in it.  That way you can eliminate that possible defect

Great suggestion and a I am a little disappointed I did not think to try that lol. 

Just now, thegreatgeekyme said:

Great suggestion and a I am a little disappointed I did not think to try that lol. 

It's often the simplest things that evade us

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

14 minutes ago, thegreatgeekyme said:

sometimes when I restart the computer it will take me to the bios setup unprompted and ask me if I want to enter setup.

Is your boot order going towards your boot drive? Are you BIOS settings set or do they reset each time? Does this board have a CMOS battery? Might want to check that out to make sure its not dead!

Edited by KeDoBro
ChonkerFox beat me to it lol, need to refresh page before commenting :p