Looking for repairable bluetooth speaker

Hi all,

Recently, the battery of my Anker Soundcore Boost died. I am not that repair savvy and looking into repairing it, i found it was a bit above my paygrade.

A local shop offered to repair it for me, the cost being about the same as buying a new one.

I do not mind the cost aspect, but what I do mind is not knowing how long the repair will last.

So I want to buy my "last" bluetooth speaker, but browsing the web I didn't find much. Do you all have any recommendations?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, The Malternative said:

Hi all,

Recently, the battery of my Anker Soundcore Boost died. I am not that repair savvy and looking into repairing it, i found it was a bit above my paygrade.

A local shop offered to repair it for me, the cost being about the same as buying a new one.

I do not mind the cost aspect, but what I do mind is not knowing how long the repair will last.

So I want to buy my "last" bluetooth speaker, but browsing the web I didn't find much. Do you all have any recommendations?

Thanks!

?? What do you mean last ?

If you meant something that won't break, there isn't any. Everything will break at some point.

As for repairable :

With enough and/or right resources & skill, anything is reparairable to some extent.

If the repair shop charge you same price as new one, may as well just buy a new one.

Also, try other repair shop, the one you found sounds scammy as F to me.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

It really depends on the price of the speaker and how long it will take to repair it, if a repair is really as much, as a new one. Also, the cost and availability of the spare part is an important factor. So its very possible that the repair just costs that much. I found your Anker over here for 60€ new. lets assume the battery costs something around 20€, then thats 40€ for the repair. Since this speaker is IPX rated, it might be glued together and really hard to open and close and 40€ is enough for 30 to 45min of work in most repair shops, i would say, thats a fair price, at least for here.

I only repaired 2 bluetooth speakers so far, but i can't reccommend them, because they are not the typical small speakers that you carry around and at least the smaller one of them wasn`t even that good. But they were more on the expensive side and pretty easy to repair.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Got some good info out of it. I agree with Heats with Nvidia that the price is fair for the repair shop. The link that CaptainKiesel provided also shows some speakers with replacable batteries but those are a bit pricy for my wallet and not as small and portable as I would like.

So for now I will probably let the repair shop have a go at it.

You can try make your own a bluetooth speaker, there's a lot of videos about it, also if something is broken, just simply replace it with another one

Screenshot_20230411-105603.png