Kaspersky

Go to solution Solved by BobVonBob,

There aren't any indications that Kaspersky is unsafe to use, at least not from security professionals. However, Kaspersky would also be well equipped to hide malicious activity, perhaps if under duress from the current regime. That is utterly baseless speculation. But regardless, I'm hesitant to suggest Russian software, especially Russian security software, given current events.

If for no other reason, taxes on the money you give to Kaspersky will fund the Russian government. Personally I'm not comfortable with that, but make your own value judgement there.

Is kaspersky still safe in 2023 I am a political podcaster in United Kingdom and I have heard a lot of governments saying it is international security threat. Is is kaspersky still safe? 

Likely, but I would wait until after the war to start using it

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

The one time I tried to use Kaspersky, it toasted my system and had to reinstall windows.

There aren't any indications that Kaspersky is unsafe to use, at least not from security professionals. However, Kaspersky would also be well equipped to hide malicious activity, perhaps if under duress from the current regime. That is utterly baseless speculation. But regardless, I'm hesitant to suggest Russian software, especially Russian security software, given current events.

If for no other reason, taxes on the money you give to Kaspersky will fund the Russian government. Personally I'm not comfortable with that, but make your own value judgement there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

10 minutes ago, mmk said:

The one time I tried to use Kaspersky, it toasted my system and had to reinstall windows.

Oh no