LTT "Steam Deck" Bag - Tell Us Your Thoughts!

RILEYISMYNAME

Whadup it's ya boi Riley back with another request for lttstore product-related feedback, this time about the prototype "Steam Deck" bag Linus demoed on WAN Show last week.

image.png

If you have thoughts, feel free to answer any or all of these questions: 

• Are you interested / Do you see value in something like this over something larger like a messenger bag? In what scenarios could you see it being useful?
  • Would you use it primarily for your Steam Deck, Switch or something else? 
    • Would you like a bigger "Steam Deck" version and a smaller "Switch" version?
  • Does it seem like a good size, or would you prefer it bigger / smaller?
  • The water bottle holder - whatsay you?

We love your brains and thoughts! Let us in there! 

I started a thread about this last Saturday, so you might find some more feedback there: 

That said, I for one am fully in the camp of messenger bag.  Linus mentioned the possibility a year or more ago I think well before even the backpack was finalized in development.  I would happily spend my money on that.  Backpack is too big, steam deck bag is too small.  Would love a spot for a water bottle, but mainly I want an LTT messenger bag for my daily carry.

EDIT:  I should elaborate about "daily carry".  That would be a 14" Dell laptop and power brick, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, a few pens, notepad, other various cables/charging bricks.  Wallet and keys could probably go in there along with some other small items.

I would love a dedicated steam deck/switch bag. It would be nice to see it also accommodates a few extra EDC too. I would not like a massager bag as I only carry a few things a day. Some of the examples I would like to see support as well are spaces for e-readers/small tablets and a space for iems and tw earbuds 

I should add that I would prefer a unisex style and size tech purse.

2 hours ago, Harlem_Shaker said:

I started a thread about this last Saturday, so you might find some more feedback there: 

ah fantastic thanks, we'll look through that thread! 

I could see this also being good as a small gym bag, its already got the bottle holder, if it had some sort of compartment inside / divider to store small containers for powders and supplements, maybe headphones, and a gym towel. Small and light if you want to go for jogs, or to even keep with you at the gym instead of stuffing your bag in the lockers. 

*edit*

Noticed a few people commenting on more of a messenger bag - even having 3 sizes, small (the one shown on the show) medium and large ( more standard messenger bag size) might be a good for choice.

1: Bit holder for the bits, I need something more solid than a couple of cardboard bit holders to keep them separate (I have 3 sets total currently)

2: For the fancy carabiner stuff.... keychains / keyfobs / etc.

I would like to see a messenger bag with pouches that fits a Steam Deck.

If it just fits  the steam deck personally it's not enough space I would like a little larger version than just the small one shown where I can add other things like games for my switch. my phone etc Not a full blown messenger back but more of a medium sized one> 

I just received my Viture AR glasses and there's a Mobile Dock and backplate for my Steam Deck.  Would this bag be able to accommodate the dock behind the steamdeck?  It doubles the thickness.

I'd use it for my Steam Deck but only if the Steam Deck fits inside bag whilst in the official case it came with

I would definitely be interested in a bag Steamdeck sized or slightly larger but not a messenger bag. I daily carry a sling bag at conferences and part day trips, so having a great quality bag that also holds my smaller LTT water bottle would be a game changer. Something slightly larger than Steamdeck with a couple pockets would be ideal. 

If you guys make a messenger bag or small backpack (or magically small backpack/messenger bag hybrid???) then you'd have a guaranteed buyer out of me.

I need a good commuting to work laptop & tablet bag. Bonus points for lots of little pocket options and waterproof water resistant.

Don't ever change the font.

Anyway, it's fine, but I think it is too small to be useful.

To put it this way, I'd give this to a kid, they'd have a book or two, or their switch and their water bottle.

I have the full size backpack and yes, it is a bit too big, but I like it, it holds a lot. 

If this were bigger, I'd think about  it. Can I throw a tablet in there? A ROG Flow Z? A Surface? Maybe a 14 inch laptop? 

If I could do that, then it would be more interesting to me. Otherwise I have no doubt that the cost of the bag + shipping would be too much for what I think it would be good for.

I do very much like the locking straps, but I'd also want to be able to secure the bag itself when it is behind me, because people be stealing these days.

I have used a TimBuk2 Classic Messenger Bag for 27 years
Timbuk2 Custom Classic Messenger Bag | Lifetime Warranty
I would pay serious $$$ for a similar style replacement that is more tech gear friendly (dividers, anchor points)
so in direct responses to the questions

• Are you interested / Do you see value in something like this over something larger like a messenger bag? In what scenarios could you see it being useful?
    • Yes, Laptop + SteamDeck + Gym gear or Overnight bag + Steam Deck
    • 30% time for Steam Deck
        • Bigger
    • Bigger
    • Water Bottle Holder is a FANTASTIC IDEA!

A Steam Deck bag sounds like a great idea. 

I mean there are a couple of options out there but one with an LTT bottle holder is neato. 

An aftermarket steam deck bag should absolutely be slightly bigger than the normal case with room for additional accessories.

Probably enough room for like, the charger, the dock, a battery, and maybe a decent set of IEMs.

The main cavity should be big enough to support something like a Steam Deck with the Killswitch Case & The Killswitch Front Cover on it. The Steam Deck case barely has room for the Deck with a case on it, and literally does not have room for a Steam Deck with the Killswitch front cover.

Just my two cents as a sort of Steam Deck aficionado. 

I personally use a Tomtoc Steam Deck case and it's pretty awesome. 

BL3A9846_1200x.jpg?v=1657611184

Would be carrying around a N Switch on the regular, and battery bank a little smaller but thicker than the switch itself. Would be fine with the bigger 'steam deck version' as there'd be space for switch and battery bank. 

Would love it if it held the 40z bottle in the holder, I find it easier to start the day with extra water, rather than having to find the rare 'cold water' refill stations.

I would absolutely use it for my Steam Deck, but I'd probably want to fit quite a few other things in it. Maybe halfway between a messenger bag and the Steam Deck carrying bag. As for the water bottle holder, I think having it able to detach or reattach with a buckle or some other securing method would be ideal.

Also, as usual, a spot to fit my LTT screwdriver would be awesome.

I’d be interested in a bag that could hold the Steam Deck securely and safely without a case, but also has space for some other items, for general day use. I’m imagining something like a small messenger bag, but I wouldn’t mind a larger bag either. 

I would use something like this for when I’m travelling or for everyday carry when I want to be able to have my Steam Deck on me. 

And the water bottle holder would be nice to have as well, as long as it wouldn’t get too heavy. 

Ok, so i've been looking for a bag like this for a while.

I currently have the Dbrand killswitch with travel cover and carry it with a logitech K400+ in the LTT backpack (I also wish I had a keyboard with a trackpad that was thin and bluetooth but haven't found a great one yet). I use the "bag of holding" section of the backpack to store the Alpaka tech elements sling with the deck accessories inside it and can easily leave the backpack in a car or other area and just carry the deck and sling separately when I don't want to carry the full backpack with laptop and other gear in it.

I have a want for a bag like this but it needs to fit very specific needs.

My current solution is a Alpaka elements tech case with small accessories in it and just carry the deck around when separated from the LTT backpack. Portable SSD, USB hub, USB C cables (one for the ssd, one for charging), nano USB C charger, more than 10K mah portable battery, and a mouse.

If it cant store the accessories to go with the deck then it becomes much less useful for my needs but I may be a very niche user. I use my deck for a ton of productivity things and not as a specific gaming device. In a perfect world it would be able to also carry a smaller keyboard such as the Keychron K3 or a logitech K400+ but I think it would start to get too large for what I want this type of bag for.

Ideally this bag would be able to carry the accessories for the deck, and when called for, be able to remove the deck and put it in the tech section of the LTT backpack, and then be able to fit this sling inside the "bag of holding" section of the backpack. If its a larger bag then this wouldn't work for what i'm after. In its current size it looks serviceable but its hard to say from what I could see of it.

Edit:

Many of the suggestions here I feel have been covered by other companies.

Alpaka Elements Tech Case Max

Alpaka Air Sling 2

Alpaka Bravo Sling Mini

Alpaka Bravo Sling (For a larger bag)

Alpaka Bravo Sling Max (for even larger)

Aer Travel Sling 2

But what these all lack is the size of being able to fit the Steam Deck in the smaller bags. There is a big hole right where the steam deck fits and everything is either really big or just big enough to fit a switch. I feel this should fill that gap and just fit the Steam Deck and basic accessories in sling form.

no streamdeck and dont expect to get one.  But would love to replace my messenger bag.  The current LTT laptop bag is to much bag for me.

So put me down for a messenger style small laptop holding size bag.

I think a messenger bag size would be nice. My deck came with a pretty nice case from Steam that keeps it safe, so something I could put that into would be good.

I’d want a Fanny pack personally. I have 9 different Fanny packs of carrying sizes and colors. I use them every day. So adding an LTT pack would be sick (I’m gonna buy the tech sack and mod it to be a Fanny pack anyway.) but a messenger bag is probably more openly used/purchased by the community. A messenger bag should comfortably fit a 14” mbp at the biggest. But maybe fit a 16” mbp if it’s turned sideways. The messenger bag would be really great as a tablet/switch/steam deck/purse type situation. A daily carry bag. 

I would use it for my AirPods. Wallet. Keys. Phone. Tablet. Chapstick. Water bottle. 

In reference of the prototype shown. I would want it a little smaller to be used as a Fanny pack (that can happen to carry a switch). With a waist belt attachment or a sling/shoulder strap. Or larger to the size of a messenger bag, than can comfortably fit an iPad Pro or even a 14” mbp. The size shown during the WAN show was a little to big

love it for both a smaller size or larger size. 10/10 bottle holder would be sweeeeet

Hi, I signed up to the forum just to see if someone at LTT has considered making a case for the GPD Winmax 2, I can't find cases made for this thing!  Would love to have one.

What was shown on wan show was exactly what I have been looking for except it was a bit too large as I would want it for a Switch.

One big thing is that nearly ever sling type bag I have run into has a problem is that the sling strap is too small for big guys.

Would it be possible to design the bag with a strap that uses a side release buckle and sell an extension, think airline seat belt extender.