LTT "Steam Deck" Bag - Tell Us Your Thoughts!

RILEYISMYNAME

Defo interested in this. Would be good to be a proper messenger bag, a bit bigger than a steam deck for versatility. Would be my go to carry bag if so!

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

Originally I wanted to give my thoughts on the steam deck pouch that it should be bigger. But now I agree we need a sling/messenger instead of dedicated to a console.

There are plenty of switch cases and accessories. Please do not target the switch alone.

If possible. Allow both the steam deck and switch to sit in their own compartments.

Something like this sling but for tech products and bright orange interior.

https://www.wotancraft.tw/en/product/pilot-travel-camera-sling-bag-10L-khakibrownC

Sling with front pocket for phone, battery bank and cables. Maybe a way to have cable come out without losing water resistance so you can charge the phone while walking and using it.

Able to charge the deck/switch inside would be great. Big compartment would be split for Deck and switch/other. Place for 2 sets of joycons if travelling with switch disconnected from joycons. Place for extra micro SD card, usb and switch games cartridges, mouse.

10-12L might be good size. Modular parts like the Wontancraft would be great for those that only have one console type.

More useful than tech pouch but smaller than backpack. With peak design quick adjustable style shoulder strap. And please make the shoulder strap rugged and comfortable so it's not digging in or too mushy. Having water bottle slot is a must. But maybe on both sides. So water bottle and umbrella or something. Maybe one side is a quick access to laptop or Deck compartment.

I like the direction creator warehouse is going with for the most part except the bottom water bottle. That is a terrible solution. I want the same design principle as the backpack that the sling can stand on its own. And I don't want my waterbottle knocking against stuff I sit on.

Hopefully this thread helps.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

On 3/31/2023 at 4:24 PM, RILEYISMYNAME said:

Whadup it's ya boi Riley back with another request for lttstore product-related feedback, this time about the prototype "Steam Deck" bag Linus demoed on WAN Show last week.

image.png 

If you have thoughts, feel free to answer any or all of these questions: 

• Are you interested / Do you see value in something like this over something larger like a messenger bag? In what scenarios could you see it being useful?
  • Would you use it primarily for your Steam Deck, Switch or something else? 
    • Would you like a bigger "Steam Deck" version and a smaller "Switch" version?
  • Does it seem like a good size, or would you prefer it bigger / smaller?
  • The water bottle holder - whatsay you?

We love your brains and thoughts! Let us in there! 

This would be an instant buy for me if I could fit an 11” iPad Pro in it as well. Finding a sling bag that can hold and iPad and a water bottle is difficult!

I use the steam deck some, but usually travel with a GPD Win Max 2 and the iPad Pro. 

I can’t think of a situation in which I would only want to have the steam deck, and nothing else, in a sling bag. 

I definitely want to see it be closer to a large fanny pack. I really like having a small bag that I can carry during the day and around with me. The backpack is my daily carry right now but its really better for getting me place to place and not really small enough for just walking around when i get there. As much as I would love for it to fit the 40 oz water bottle, since thats the one I have, I understand that its not going to be big enough for it. Definitely make sure it has a few pockets and maybe a slot for the screwdriver, but otherwise I feel like making it JUST a steamdeck/switch carrying case limits the usability of it.

Edit: Something that could fit my Surface Studio would be awesome but not a necessity. Would be very cool tho.

Edited by AnorakWASD

Here are my 2 cents, I would like if my steam deck bag had a slot for a controller, the charger, a dongle or docking station, maybe some EDC stuff like knife or some sort of slot for tools or flashlight. Also, a spot for earphones like the nothing ear 2 or samsung buds. Furthermore, a molle on the outside would be sick!! 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

Sorry for the incoming wall of text...

First your questions:

• Are you interested / Do you see value in something like this over something larger like a messenger bag? In what scenarios could you see it being useful?
    • YES / NO
    • Everyday use and especially traveling
      • Steam Deck or whatever replaces it in the future.
      • Bigger
  • Does it seem like a good size, or would you prefer it bigger / smaller?
    • Bigger

Now for more details:

1. You can fit a small volume inside a larger volume, the other way around is hard.
  2. Bigger size gives more options of use, in my view at least.
  3. I prefer hard cases to protect delicate HW like my Steam Deck. But instead of having a dedicated hard case area made specifically for the Steam Deck, which limits it's future use, I would rather have it big enough so that I can put a hard case inside the bag
  4. I travel a lot also by planes. I prefer to travel light with only 2 bags, a carry-on and a personal item. The personal item have size limits but no weight limits which always results with me cramping all my tech gear into that, and I've yet to find the perfect "messenger bag" for that.

Currently I'm using Waterfields "Complete Case for Steam Deck" I absolutely love it, only flaw is that I would like it a bit larger, but not by much.

My vision of the perfect bag would be something along the lines of: 40x30x10cm or 15x11x4in (12 liters)

The official Steam Deck case is:

something like 13x6x3.5in so it would fit nicely inside either in the top or bottom of the bag (mainly top for easy access) and there would still be room for a nice big powerpack, keyboard, cables, headphones, book, medicine, snacks, spectacle case, charger, more cables, water bottle, raincoat and portable screen.

Make sure that the comming 16inch gaming Framework laptop can fit in it and you have a sure winner! Would I normally put it in my larger backpack? Hmm not if the smaller messenger bag can replace it for daily use. Then the backpack (LTT version of course) would only be used when I need both the laptop and Steam Deck or when traveling.

I can almost... ALMOST!!! squeeze that into my Waterfield... but I just lack those few extra cm/in for it to be Perfect!

If you make something better than I already own, I'll buy two in a heartbeat.

I don't mind paying premium for a premium product, living in EU gonna pay tax and transport on top... but for a bag that should last 20+ years and be a joy to use every day, gonna be worth every penny.

I love the idea of an external waterbottle holster, please for the love of flexibility make a solution that can be decoupled and hooked to ones belt for hiking!

As for carrying options, the balance and comfortability of the shoulder strap is really important. With the one I have I can easily have it on my back, in the hand, on my side or on the front without any discomfort and it will stay in place.

Make my dream come true.

I've been considering something like a Waterfiled CitySlicker bag for my GPD Win 4.  The Win 4 is roughly the size of their option for the Switch Lite with Skull grip ((https://www.sfbags.com/collections/cases-for-nintendo-switch/products/nintendo-switch-cityslicker-case).  I would love to see something similar to that bag, but with a way to carry my LTT water bottle.  I'm trying to force myself to take long walks for exercise.  I often game while walking.  I would love a compact bag to hold my Win 4 or Switch lite, a water bottle, and maybe enough extra room for my wallet. I have several backpacks including the LTT backpack, but I want something more minimal/smaller.  

I'm sure a Steam Deck or Switch bag will be the priority, but hoping for options that fit other handhelds (GPD Win 4, AyaNeo, OneXPlayer, etc).  

I personally can’t justify having a bag that is for a singular purpose. I don’t take my Steam Deck everywhere, but when I do I toss it in its pouch then the pouch goes into my big bag. 

Even if it wasn’t for just the steam deck, I still carry to much when I do take a bag. When I’m going places and I’m packing a bag I usually take:

• One to two laptops
  • Steam Deck
  • Assortment of chargers
  • Any necessary changes of clothes

I just don’t see something this small being a viable option for me. 

I'd use a messenger bag style of holder. BUT!! I think since the deck ships with a carry case why not make a way to attach the existing deck carry case!

and in the messenger leave room for another tablet/small laptop like device chargers and all other needs!

I'd make sure the interior could accommodate the deck AND a tablet/small laptop and a charger so if one wants to attach the deck on the exterior one could get a bit more storage for goodies. Bonus points if I can carry my screwdriver as well. 

IF you want to make something specifically to carry the deck. Why not a mold/case to put on the existing deck case to carry around! 

So i posted this on a previous thread so I will copy paste it here. "

Maybe best Idea would be too do a line of sling bags like peak design where you have like a small one that can hold just the essential, a water bottle and maybe a switch. Then one that could fit the everyday essential, plus either a steam deck or a 11 inch tablet, and a water bottle (This is the one I would like honestly). Then maybe a giant sling that can do daily carry like a laptop, work and daily carry essentials. Maybe all three bags could share overall features (besides the tablet, laptop sleeve) and those features would be scaled up depending on the size. That would mean that They can order the same materials for all of them, and then just decide the production allocation for each version."

I love the Idea of a bag like this, and would be interested in something like this over a larger messenger bag. I would use it as a "murse" or male purse. I made a post on the older forum, and am currently using a Patagonia Atom Sling 8L, and find it adequate for my needs, but wish it would be slightly bigger.

• Are you interested / Do you see value in something like this over something larger like a messenger bag? In what scenarios could you see it being useful?
    • I would use this as an every day carry. which would necessitate the need to carry my keys, wallet, cell phone(s) and tablet (surface duo), headphones, an elastic to hold my daughter's hair ties, a battery pack, and a small pocket for cables and such.
    • I would size it to fit a steam deck with a valve hard case, as I often carry other items in my bag. Since it would be sized for the Steamdeck with case, it does not make sense to size it for the switch. I personally carry a switch in a Tomtoc case.
  • Does it seem like a good size, or would you prefer it bigger / smaller?
    • bigger is good, perhaps 10L in size.
    • While size is important, I think having lots of useable pockets would be awesome. Again, back to my Patagonia Atom, there are tonnes of pockets. inside. It helps me keep my items segregated, and easy to find. I can often carry more than one hand held, and have in the past carried a 3DS or my vita in addition to the switch. The pockets help keep them in place. One item that was very nice in the Patagonia Atom was the hook and loop surface on the inner hard cover, as this allowed me to use some hook and look addons like a pouch, and a webbed strap surface to further organized. This way I was able to customized it.
  • The water bottle holder - whatsay you?
    • must have, as long as its secure
  • Additional suggestions
    • put a cross body strap so it prevents it from sliding around, and the cross body strap must have a way to clip away instead of dangling if its not in use
    • for the cross body strap, have a useable pocket/pockets for a phone or sunglasses. Not the type that is integrated into the strap because it sucks for anything rigid, but something like an honest to goodness pouch, so it allows the strap to sit comfortably against the chest
    • I think it would also be very unique (but challenging to execute) to make it left and right sling accessible. Meaning, if you sling it around to the front, it doesn't matter which shoulder its slung across, you can still access everything inside.
    • apple airtag pocket
    • sunglasses carrying pouch.

Can we have Tech Sack in this configuration? I made another thread in this sub about being able to carry the Sack hands-free.

I just had an additional thought about this.  LMGs main channel is "Tech Tips".  What percentage of subscribers/viewers are consuming "gaming" centric content versus "tech" centric content?  I'm sure that the staff at LMG has already considered this or they(you) wouldn't have already gone so far down the road of prototyping a steam deck bag.  Particularly when you already have the backpack that could work for the tech people.

I am afraid that I'm in the minority preferring the messenger bag style, but I for one am not necessarily a "gamer".  I do play games on my PC, but I'm not exactly the type to invest in a steamdeck just so I can sit somewhere else in my house to play it, and I'm never really in a situation where I'm away from my house with a need/desire to play video games.

Anyway, just my thoughts again.  I do hope that a messenger bag is/will be in the works.

On 4/3/2023 at 10:25 PM, Nissen said:

Sorry for the incoming wall of text...

First your questions:

• Are you interested / Do you see value in something like this over something larger like a messenger bag? In what scenarios could you see it being useful?
    • YES / NO
    • Everyday use and especially traveling
      • Steam Deck or whatever replaces it in the future.
      • Bigger
  • Does it seem like a good size, or would you prefer it bigger / smaller?
    • Bigger

Now for more details:

1. You can fit a small volume inside a larger volume, the other way around is hard.
  2. Bigger size gives more options of use, in my view at least.
  3. I prefer hard cases to protect delicate HW like my Steam Deck. But instead of having a dedicated hard case area made specifically for the Steam Deck, which limits it's future use, I would rather have it big enough so that I can put a hard case inside the bag
  4. I travel a lot also by planes. I prefer to travel light with only 2 bags, a carry-on and a personal item. The personal item have size limits but no weight limits which always results with me cramping all my tech gear into that, and I've yet to find the perfect "messenger bag" for that.

Currently I'm using Waterfields "Complete Case for Steam Deck" I absolutely love it, only flaw is that I would like it a bit larger, but not by much.

My vision of the perfect bag would be something along the lines of: 40x30x10cm or 15x11x4in (12 liters)

The official Steam Deck case is:

something like 13x6x3.5in so it would fit nicely inside either in the top or bottom of the bag (mainly top for easy access) and there would still be room for a nice big powerpack, keyboard, cables, headphones, book, medicine, snacks, spectacle case, charger, more cables, water bottle, raincoat and portable screen.

Make sure that the comming 16inch gaming Framework laptop can fit in it and you have a sure winner! Would I normally put it in my larger backpack? Hmm not if the smaller messenger bag can replace it for daily use. Then the backpack (LTT version of course) would only be used when I need both the laptop and Steam Deck or when traveling.

I can almost... ALMOST!!! squeeze that into my Waterfield... but I just lack those few extra cm/in for it to be Perfect!

If you make something better than I already own, I'll buy two in a heartbeat.

I don't mind paying premium for a premium product, living in EU gonna pay tax and transport on top... but for a bag that should last 20+ years and be a joy to use every day, gonna be worth every penny.

I love the idea of an external waterbottle holster, please for the love of flexibility make a solution that can be decoupled and hooked to ones belt for hiking!

As for carrying options, the balance and comfortability of the shoulder strap is really important. With the one I have I can easily have it on my back, in the hand, on my side or on the front without any discomfort and it will stay in place.

Make my dream come true.

Was a bit late when I wrote, one clarification: the 12L is based on outside dimensions the internal I guess would be around 10L usable.

Please let it fit the Killswitch case or other similar SD cases

In the video it briefly looked like Luke had trouble with zipper. At minimum the case should be a little bit bigger than the prototype so the zipper would not stuck at the corners. Because when it gets stuck, you'll yank it and something breaks. 

Personally I'd like a little bit bigger bag: something thar would fit a Steam Deck, or those Aya Neo models or iPad mini or a rare generic 8" android tablet. Not necessarily everything at once.

Like someone already said, what if this could be clipped on to a bigger messenger bag.... win. 

On 4/3/2023 at 7:48 PM, Audiall said:

This would be an instant buy for me if I could fit an 11” iPad Pro in it as well. Finding a sling bag that can hold and iPad and a water bottle is difficult!

I use the steam deck some, but usually travel with a GPD Win Max 2 and the iPad Pro. 

I can’t think of a situation in which I would only want to have the steam deck, and nothing else, in a sling bag. 

Oh 100% Agree. I normally dont use backpacks but a bag style like this. My current bag fits the iPad Pro 11in OK but doesnt fit my water bottle which is a bummer. This bag would be perfect for my use case if it´d fit the iPad!

Created an account to weigh in on this: 

I got a "Tomtoc" carrying case for the switch, which I LOVE. The protective folds for the joysticks is clever, and I really like how that creates a perfect spot for a controller or a power bank. Bonus points if it could come out somehow? that way those without a steam deck wouldn't miss the space. 

if LTT produces something like this, but with a water bottle holder? That would be perfect, especially if the water bottle loops can be adjusted to carry a bundled jacket. 

Those "fidlock" buckles are EXCELLENT by the way, great call on using those.   

another feature on the tomtoc I also like: splash-proof material: I don't think it's waterproof enough to be called "water proof" or even "water resistant" but a large portion of the bag is made of a water resistant material. This is good for spills/rain/etc.

image.thumb.png.2fdbcb3797b96ec0789bec099acc7c99.png

I would want the two-in-one bag. The clasp would have two different latches. In the top position I'd have space for a 13-inch thin and light, HP Dragonfly, Surface Pro, iPad pro or something similarly sized device between two layers of fold and a pocket on the front for chargers, mouse, dongles. With the latch in the lower position the foam would roll/wrap around the pocket to protect a Steamdeck, portable gaming device, (maybe camera) and such.

It's moments like this when I wish that I could draw better.

On 4/15/2023 at 10:46 PM, GregNmath said:

image.thumb.png.2fdbcb3797b96ec0789bec099acc7c99.png

I would want the two-in-one bag. The clasp would have two different latches. In the top position I'd have space for a 13-inch thin and light, HP Dragonfly, Surface Pro, iPad pro or something similarly sized device between two layers of fold and a pocket on the front for chargers, mouse, dongles. With the latch in the lower position the foam would roll/wrap around the pocket to protect a Steamdeck, portable gaming device, (maybe camera) and such.

It's moments like this when I wish that I could draw better.

I like this idea as I would also like to be able to carry around a 13-inch laptop, which in my case would be the nexdock as an external monitor and keyboard. I would like to point out thought that the top and bottom half would not need to be the same size as shown in the sketch since the steam deck in it's carrying case is slightly wider than my nexdock as can be seen in the cad I did below.

image.thumb.png.3ebfaf1646b75b7b63e6fa1e68d4db53.pngimage.png.20c5a6aa717c4ce57a03840514965ad7.png

Past carrying those two items I would like to be able to carry a mouse, a couple of cables, and a few other small things so I don't think the second compartment would have to be too large, Maybe slightly larger than the gap above the steam deck  where the laptop compartment extends. Personally I like to use the hard case that came with the Steam deck as it does allow me to carry the essential things I need with the steam deck while providing good protection but if the bag protects the steam deck well enough wile offering the room for the nexdock and other accessories I could potentially see going without the carrying case that came with the steam deck.