Port forwarding not findable on Huawei 5G CPE 3 routher

euro234

Hello! I am having problems finding port forwarding settings on my routher. Software version 11.0.5.51(H140SP2C418).

Couldn't find any help online.

I have no experience with 5G routers but some routers don't give you access to any custom controls.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Cellular connections are typically behind CGNAT and are not able to accept any incoming connections. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Welcome to the forums!
If Kilrah is correct, you'll have to talk to your carrier and see if they can give you a static IP. If they can, you may need an independant router to go with it. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

I had a LMT & mikrotik partnership (which are both from my country lol) routher which could port forward. I don't see this as a ISP problem.

3 hours ago, euro234 said:

I had a LMT & mikrotik partnership (which are both from my country lol) routher which could port forward. I don't see this as a ISP problem.

If the ISP does CGNAT then port forwarding does jack shit. Because you're still under another layer of NAT. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 hours ago, euro234 said:

Well, ask the source, your ISP.

If you look up your WAN IP address and notice it’s in the 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255 range, then you’re behind CGNAT.

My ISP Doesen't have any info about that on their site, but here's the info2023_03_24_0jx_Kleki.png

Then you're behind CG-NAT, you're not going to be able to port forward.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 3/24/2023 at 1:20 PM, Lurick said:

Then you're behind CG-NAT, you're not going to be able to port forward.

I'd be curious if devices are directly contactable over IPv6 though, no port forwarding required.

I think most routers will block direct incoming connections though even on IPv6, but there may be a setting to change that but still problematic if the IPv6 allocation is not fixed.  That's a problem I ran into on the Xbox even on pfSense.

On the CPE Pro 2 the related settings are in Advanced, Security and I'd expect the Pro 3 to be the same, if those options are enabled on your firmware.  I'm seeing Firewall, MAC Address Filter, IP Filter, Virtual Server (Port Forwarding), Special Applications (Port Triggering), DMZ Settings, SIP ALG Settings, uPnP Settings (Automatic port forwarding/triggering), NAT Settings and Domain Filter.

I think IP Filter is what allows you enable specific ports to connect to IPv6 public addresses.  Its kinda like port forwarding except you aren't actually forwarding, you're just enabling the traffic to route normally to that port as IPv6 is already a public IP address.

Of course this is not ideal given what you want to use it for might be IPv4 only.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7