Eizo with Dual link on MacBook Pro 2021

ru87

Hi there

I am using an older EIZO professional screen and finally updated our hardware to the MacBook Pro series (M1max).

So now I can’t connect it to the display anymore, means it works with single link dvi in a low resolution (which is no help) but not dual link. I tried a HDMI to dvi cable, a usb-c to dvi cable, always the same issue: the display of the eizo monitor shows in red font the frequency of fd: 268.2 MHz. It also shows fH: 98.7 Hz, fV: 59.9 Hz

The display is older but with a Hardware calibration and it still works nicely. So I hesitate to replace it. Is there someone who can explain me at least the problem?

MacBook Pro Model M1 Max 14“ 2021

Eizo CG303W, Input: DVI-D 24 pin × 2 (dual link × 1, single link × 1 [with HDCP])

Thanks for your help.

HDMI cannot process a dual link signal passively, HDMI is always single link. You'll need a way to adapt from displayport (through the USB4/TB4 ports) to Dual Link DVI.

You'll need a so-called active adapter. Whether an active HDMI 2.0 to dual link DVI adapter exists and works for this, I'm not sure.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

thanks for your explanation! I try it next days with an Startech USB-C TO DUAL-LINK DVI ADAPTER. I hope that works out.