Linus Tech Tips, Tech Quickie, Tech Linked channels hacked

betav17
Message added by Spotty,

The Linus Tech Tips, TechLinked, and TechQuickie Youtube channels have been restored.

A video explaining what happened is now up:

If anyone is brave enough to click on the scam links I have reported them with cloud flare so it displays a warning about phishing now. 🙂

3 minutes ago, CheeseOnion said:

This was the LTT channel itself after it got renamed to Tesla, then it became temp

I wasn't the one who posted what you quoted originally... I was quoting someone to reply to them, but somehow your post shows it as quoting me writing it directly. As I said though whatever the temp channel was it was terminated, which if it was the original channel having the name changed again that would make sense.

Whats more annoying than LTT getting hacked?

Seeing people use the (non) word "bruh" here every 3rd post

Try using big boy words....or go back to fricking Telegram and hang with the other insufferable millennials and gen z'ers

1 minute ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

wdym

youtube

and i commented when first page was the only page

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

Just now, btsierra said:

Definitely processing things on YT's end, I'm seeing *really* old videos being re-added (FS700 Random Test Footage Featuring my Baby, Linus Tom and Esther Talk About NCIX's Achievements in 2011, etc).

I saw that 90+ minutes ago and an hour ago, boom, down like a 3rd chromosome 21.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, DaMegaTaco said:

I wasn't the one who posted what you quoted originally... I was quoting someone to reply to them, but somehow your post shows it as quoting me writing it directly. As I said though whatever the temp channel was it was terminated, which if it was the original channel having the name changed again that would make sense.

LMAO, my bad mate, the quoting system still is weird sometimes

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

1 minute ago, stylemessiah said:

Whats more annoying than LTT getting hacked?

Seeing people use the (non) word "bruh" here every 3rd post

Try using big boy words....or go back to fricking Telegram and hang with the other insufferable millennials and gen z'ers

Truly, this situation is most perplexing, superlatively vexing...

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

3 minutes ago, HantheMan said:

Is this the first time LTT is getting hacked?

I remember it happening once before a while back. Not the same tesla scam though. I think someone stole linus' SMS 2FA by getting the carrier to do a sim replacement.

The Cake is a Lie...

1 minute ago, Arcanekitten said:

I just got a notification that they posted something on floatplane. Only now when I go to floatplane I see that the channel is gone there too?

If it's anything like me you've been signed out of the Floatplane app. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

the main LTT channel has image.thumb.png.6f47105884ec5f35916eff71495c26dc.pngbeen taken down by youtube?

MANN IM DEADDDDD

3 minutes ago, rustable said:

THEYRE GONNA HIT THE PENTAGON NEXT

NOOOOOOO

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

4 minutes ago, FuchsFuchs1 said:

if you go to the scamm link couldflare will warn you for phishing

You are welcome hehe…

I just can't stop thining that he literally woke up super early just to see that he got three channels hacked

8 minutes ago, Chef.Duran said:

I have noticed that people are putting super chats in these scam live streams. I don't think this is a good idea given that they are giving out money to some random hacker, correct me if I am wrong. 

super chats .png

for the hackers to get all donated money, they'd have to swap out the linked bank account in the channel's adsense for theirs. i doubt they'd be getting anything from this

2 minutes ago, CheeseOnion said:

They got a huge ass storage server, I think they do have the finished videos backed up. Also, YT can do a full recovery

And now that you mention it, indeed it was a very well imitated google acc (from what I can remember)

Yeah that sounds about right... That or a "youtube" email to "verify the channel" or something. I really don't remember and should've already gotten to bed hours ago, but noticed the channel got hacked right before laying down and ended up trying to see what was going on. Probably going to head to bed after this post. Hopefully everything works out for the LTT team!

If this lasts much longer I am going to have to report Mr. Elon for bullying Linus.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

1 minute ago, CheeseOnion said:

LMAO, my bad mate, the quoting system still is weird sometimes

lol no worries... Just thought it was funny

2 hours ago, betav17 said:

OLD VIDEOS ARE DISAPPERARING 

might made them private

Happened to corridor too

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, Blqckqut said:

THEYRE GONNA HIT THE PENTAGON NEXT

NOOOOOOO

*THEYRE GONNA HIT THE FORUM NEXT would have been better

Dual X5690 my beloved.

i know its not the time to joke but... cant help it

Luke comes back as CTO and this happens immediately... lol

Just now, DaMegaTaco said:

Yeah that sounds about right... That or a "youtube" email to "verify the channel" or something. I really don't remember and should've already gotten to bed hours ago, but noticed the channel got hacked right before laying down and ended up trying to see what was going on. Probably going to head to bed after this post. Hopefully everything works out for the LTT team!

Take your nights sleep man, when you wake up it' ll be more clear I hope

Lucky you got to Time Travel, I am stuck in this mess since its 2 in the afternoon, I cant time travel

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.