Dying Light delayed to next year

Rafy

So this just came up in my twitter feed.

Dead Island developer Techland will launch its next game, Dying Lightin February 2015, it was announced on the official website. It was previously targeted for a 2014 release window.

In a post outline by the studio, Dying Light will launch "a few months later than originally planned."

They added, "When we started the development of Dying Light, we were committed to innovation. We wanted to give you a freedom of movement unprecedented in open world games. After many improvements and months of hard work, we have now come so close to realizing our initial vision we feel we cannot stop before it is ready.

"We believe the Natural Movement element of our game will change what you expect from the genre, and we don’t want to sacrifice any of its potential by releasing too early. This quality-focused thinking underlines all our development choices and we hope you share our belief that the gameplay must always come first."

A February 2015 release date will allow the studio to full realize its vision on an "innovative" open world game. It'll also allow for no compromises or trade-offs between the five platforms that the game will ship on.

The team will reveal "exciting features and different aspects" of the game starting next month at E3 2014.

Thoughts?

Source:

http://www.gametrailers.com/news-post/74099/dying-light-has-been-delayed-to-early-next-year

I had to put it in a code box because it would turn into a video that does not play.

Aww, I was looking forward to it. However, if it means a better game comes out of it then it's okay.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS