High-end GPU under 260mm?

Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,

Blower design = reference = every card is the same size.

I have Arc mini with the same limit and MSI TF 760 which is 260mm. I can tell you that there is some space left, but not much. Like 1cm or something. If you don't have connectors to the side it would be very tight.

JW0T9Iz.jpg

I am looking for a GPU with the performance of the 770 or 780 with a blower design that is also 260mm or less in length.

I would prefer the blower design if possible; I am looking at the Define Mini or Arc Mini R2 for a case (keeping the drive cages installed), and don't want heat building up.

So far the only cards I've found that fit within this form factor are the 770 Twin Frozr from MSI. Maybe someone can confirm whether the 260mm limit that Fractal sets on that case is not a hard limit, and will allow for a few extra mm?

Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Blower design = reference = every card is the same size.

I have Arc mini with the same limit and MSI TF 760 which is 260mm. I can tell you that there is some space left, but not much. Like 1cm or something. If you don't have connectors to the side it would be very tight.

JW0T9Iz.jpg

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

if you have any top exhausts and front intakes, you wont have a problem with a axial design... the problem if them only comes in very small chassis' like the one linus just reviewed

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I am looking for a GPU with the performance of the 770 or 780 with a blower design that is also 260mm or less in length.

I would prefer the blower design if possible; I am looking at the Define Mini or Arc Mini R2 for a case (keeping the drive cages installed), and don't want heat building up.

So far the only cards I've found that fit within this form factor are the 770 Twin Frozr from MSI. Maybe someone can confirm whether the 260mm limit that Fractal sets on that case is not a hard limit, and will allow for a few extra mm?

Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

why not just remove the drive cages problem solved :L , i doubt 4 extra HDD's spaces really help :L , maybe that is me with my R4 Norm

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

why not just remove the drive cages problem solved :L , i doubt 4 extra HDD's spaces really help :L , maybe that is me with my R4 Norm

I will likely be using them. If I went the watercooling route w/o drives then I wouldn't care about the card size, but I'm not doing that.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I will likely be using them. If I went the watercooling route w/o drives then I wouldn't care about the card size, but I'm not doing that.

I think you can put SSDs in the cable management area. If that helps at all. Then you can get something gargantuan long like this even http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131549

If not I recommend the Twin Frozr. Maybe the HIS IceQ or the XFX Double D, or the PowerColor Turboduo.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock