Plumming Help

Hi all need some quick input on how i should route my pipes in my system. below is a pic. This will be my first custom loop setup so I'm new to it.

image0.jpeg

i mean this seems rather straight forward, what exactly do you need help with? Radiator > Res > GPU > CPU > Radiator. Remember to look at  which are inlet outlet, as thats important. Other then that it will equalize so.

my custom waterloop is two radiators 420mm front 280 top plus Dual D5 pumphouse resevoir combo.

My build is inverted  as my desk is in a croner and the walls are front and left.

I run from pump outlet to cpu > cpu to GPU > Gpu to top radiator > top rad flows direct to front radiator  and front radiator to the resevoir which feeds the pumps.

In reality going CPU or GPU frist makes no difference to the end result. Jay did a video testing the theory and debunked all the fanatical fighting over yes it does etc.

I purposely run rad to rad purely for the larger surface area for fluid to cool before re entering the hot zones which are the CPU and GPU as this did make an overall difference of a couple of degrees under load as I tested it. Also it was in my build just so much easy and less tubing required than seperate rad for each area. That difference was literally 2 or 3c no more.

going from point A to point B the quickest/easiest route is always prefered in all areas of life if the destination is the goal...sorry for the somewhat philosophical statement.

But really it is the most practical route that is best especially if its your first loop, so whatever is easiest according to the correct function of the loop, keeping in mind also aesthetics

You kind of need to flip your cpu block so the intake is at the bottom so you can follow the flow from bottom to top.

Out of the pump/distro to the gpu then back to the distro, out to the cpu then back to the distro, then finally out to the res and back to the distro.

You'll probably need a few offset fittings and some 90 degree angle and extensions if you want clean straight runs.

If you don't want to run every component back to the distro then it's kind of pointless having it as that's the whole idea of having one in the first place.