LTT Mechanical Keyboard

Andi123

I have an idea for a LTT Mechanical keyboard, but if you make it it should be definetely RGB, and maybe in some time you can also make an RGB mousepad.

8 minutes ago, Old School Gamer said:

Considering how saturated the keyboard market is, a keyboard from LTT will have to be amazing to stand out in the crowd. Razer is my go to for keyboards and mice for Windows machines. 

I avoid razer stuff like the plague (Ignore my name k, thx) not of a fan of their software solution & rainbow RGB when you close the program. still using a naga, since the side plate swapping is legit a BIS feature. so if LTT made a keyboard there are some things I think it should have.

• The board should be using QMK/VIA, none of that proprietary software.
  • Hot swappable 5pin board, so you don't have to clip ur switches
  • Wireless charging, would also allow them to make a Deskpad that could charge it
  • 2.4ghz dongle, maybe just Bluetooth heard its gotten better since I've used it.
  • gasket mount
  • make it mod friendly (easy to disassemble)

just a few quick ones I had in mind.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

57 minutes ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Someone who buys ltt stuff because its ltt (the form people) will buy it regardless if its good or not.

Okay? as anywhere else, there will be fans that will buy it just cause. what is your point? other than just saying the forum users will buy it regardless.

59 minutes ago, NastyFlytrap said:

The enthusiasts will either tear the keyboard a new one if its even 95% as good as it could be, and if its exactly as good as it is then it will cost a small fortune.

I can see that, but no matter what they release some people will be unhappy with it. I had my list of a few things I would want them to do if they were to make one, even if they have thought about making a keyboard, I doubt its high on the priority list. since there isn't much you can add to the keyboard market, especially compared to something like the cable management prototype they've shown. where I see a lot more value in the product they are making.

1 hour ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Also, you said it yourself, the market is very saturated, which is just all the more reason for them to not enter. Also, why would they do an LTT keyboard?

The Screwdriver & backpack market are also very saturated, so I wouldn't see it as a reason not to do it. but unless they have some value to add, like the low back force required for the ratchet mechanism, Then I agree I don't see why they would do an LTT keyboard.

The difference with the screwdriver or backpack is that there isn't as much variability in those items in regards to subjective preferences or specific features. For a backpack, you're generally looking at size, style, compartment options. For a screwdriver, it's ratchet or not, bit storage, magnetic bits, maybe consider durability.

A keyboard by comparison, just on layouts/sizes, you have essentially 9 options. Of those 9, you probably have 4 that could warrant a design: full size, TKL, 75%, 60%. After that choice, you have case material options, mainly being plastic, aluminum or acrylic. For each size, you're going to have separate PCBs, and are likely to be hot-swap. 

Then there are going to be people that might want an actual LTT design for keycaps, and then you have to offer a set and kits for each size, plus material differences for keycaps, being ABS, PBT, even POM. And for those that want keycaps, they might want it pre-built which means offering a variety of switch options. I could go even further into minutiae, but I digress.

The counter to all of this is that LTT likes to review Amazon best sellers, and they could poll through the store and stuff if they wanted to gather data. Perhaps they could pick the common denominators and just go all-in on that, but it's still a big gamble when you consider MOQs on all these range of parts, PCBs, case pieces, keycaps. Forecasting would be a nightmare.

Perhaps not with a keyboard option, but I think they could definitely consider doing a couple LTT keycap designs. There are already many black and orange options on the market, close to the LTT orange color, but I'm sure they could offer something of a different spin on it. 

Beyond that, perhaps they could work with someone to offer novelty LTT caps.

1 hour ago, divito said:

A keyboard by comparison, just on layouts/sizes, you have essentially 9 options. Of those 9, you probably have 4 that could warrant a design: full size, TKL, 75%, 60%. After that choice, you have case material options, mainly being plastic, aluminum or acrylic. For each size, you're going to have separate PCBs, and are likely to be hot-swap. 

Then there are going to be people that might want an actual LTT design for keycaps, and then you have to offer a set and kits for each size, plus material differences for keycaps, being ABS, PBT, even POM. And for those that want keycaps, they might want it pre-built which means offering a variety of switch options. I could go even further into minutiae, but I digress.

Oh 100% but they could still very well make a good product without filling all those choices, I just don't agree that it being a saturated market is a reason not to do it. if they have an idea for keyboard that they think would be good, then they should go for it but if all they have is "we wanna make a keyboard" then that's pointless.

1 hour ago, divito said:

Perhaps not with a keyboard option, but I think they could definitely consider doing a couple LTT keycap designs. There are already many black and orange options on the market, close to the LTT orange color, but I'm sure they could offer something of a different spin on it. 

Beyond that, perhaps they could work with someone to offer novelty LTT caps.

That is actually a really good idea, I'm sure some people would love to add some flair to their board or an artisan keycap even. I'm sure they could make some pretty cool designs for artisan keycaps.

6 minutes ago, Razercake said:

That is actually a really good idea, I'm sure some people would love to add some flair to their board or an artisan keycap even. I'm sure they could make some pretty cool designs for artisan keycaps.

Definitely could have some PBT dye-sub designs; LTT logo, banana for scale, screwdriver, Linus meme face.

If they wanted to get more elaborate with some molds, could do an "embossed" LTT logo, or screwdriver option. Or do something neat with resin.

Also the people like me who are not willing to use the NA keyboard layout with the weird single row enter key, thats just blech

I grew up in a time and place where my DOS keyboards had the big-ass enter key, the asian one, thats two button wide at the bottom, and those are pretty much extinct nowadays, so i have to settle for the ISO layout

Hah, ANSI or bust for me. 

so i have to settle for the ISO layout

I actually moved to ANSI when building my keyboard, because of the extensive amount of options compared to ISO. I have to run a custom keyboard layout so I still have easy access to my 'æøå' when speaking my native language but now its all muscle memory, although I still miss my big enter key sometimes & unless they are willing to make multiple kits that is going to alienate a lot of people. 

I think I've seen boards where they have options for both, but idk how viable those are since its not something I've seen a lot & the ones I've seen could just be false advertising

I'd buy one if it's a low profile one (like Logitech G915) with PBT keycaps , hotswappable switch, volume knob, and detachable numpad (like ASUS Claymore 2)

Well as long it doesn't cost a liver, that is. 🤣

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

An official LTT keyboard is unrealistic tbh. As someone else mentioned, the keyboard market is already super saturated. MAYBE LTT partners with like Ducky, Keychron, Drop, etc. for a limited run.

OR we go the content route. LTT collabs with Taeha Types for a LTT custom keyboard and then gives it away to the community. Hyper pog

COMIC SANS

Even If they don't make a keyboard they at least could make an ltt themed set of keycaps

1 minute ago, NastyFlytrap said:

You are never going to get hotswap and low profile, especially if you dont want it to cost a fortune, that 3 criteria might aswell be mutually exclusive

But ... my Redragon K619 is G915 height & hotswap & cheaper than G915 😆

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 3/4/2023 at 1:52 PM, NastyFlytrap said:

Ewww

Razer can fuck off with their low quality gamer bullshit.

Like, i dont like the hipsters on their high horses with their 2$ / switch switches but razer is the opposite end of the spectrum with outdated cherry or outemu trash. 

I havent tried their own switches, i cant speak on that, but if they are anything like anything else they make then i dont even want to try them.

Also, you said it yourself, the market is very saturated, which is just all the more reason for them to not enter. Also, why would they do an LTT keyboard? Not to mention that when it comes to users, what people want varies A LOT. 

Someone who buys ltt stuff because its ltt (the form people) will buy it regardless if its good or not.
The enthusiasts will either tear the keyboard a new one if its even 95% as good as it could be, and if its exactly as good as it is then it will cost a small fortune.

Making keyboards as just some media company who is getting into manufacturing is a bad, bad idea. 

Razer has been making their own switches for almost 10 years. Why are shitting on the quality if you haven't touched any of those, instead claiming they use 'outdated trash' from other brands. You are the one that's outdated.

Btw I have no clue if they are good either, but I ain't gonna badmouth them.

So are you saying you would buy an LTT keyboard, since you buy most of their stuff.

Media company? LMG has been far more than a media company for a good while now, or are your screwdriver, deskpad etc media products?

To be clear, I don't think they should make one, though I guess they could do like LTT keycaps, but your arguments are poor at best.

11 hours ago, Neroon said:

Btw I have no clue if they are good either, but I ain't gonna badmouth them.

I've been using a Razer Huntsman Elite keyboard since November 2020. The overall build quality, the feel of it, the comfort in games and when having a lot to type are absolutely fantastic, in my opinion. I bought it for cheap, like the equivalent of $75 U.S. on Black Friday 2020. It was listed for $200, the initial price when not on sale. It has RAZER™ CLICKY OPTICAL SWITCH (purple) : https://www.razer.com/eu-en/razer-optical-switch . The only thing that kind of triggered me at first, was the noise, when typing, even though I had expected that, given that the switches are clicky. In time, I got used to it.

Since I've been using it, I had no problems whatsoever. On a few occasions, the Razer software (Synapse) goes awry, especially after a new update is released. This causes the lighting to go haywire ( I have it set to white, I don't use/need custom lighting, macros, etc). However an update, followed by a restart of Synapse, restores everything to normal. It is definitely a premium keyboard, premium materials and build quality. And, of course from a subjective point of view, it is a great all rounder for me (gaming and work). 

Their Achilles' heel, is definitely their software. I have to mention that I am also using Razer mice (Mamba Elite and DeathAdder V.2)  and I had used a Razer headset in the past ( Razer Kraken Tournament Edition - which I had to stop using due to unsolvable software issues, but that is a different discussion). 

11 hours ago, Neroon said:

Why are shitting on the quality if you haven't touched any of those, instead claiming they use 'outdated trash' from other brands.

Really don't understand why someone does that, having absolutely no idea about the product, first hand. It's preposterous and meaningless, if you ask me. Well, to each their own.

Regarding an LTT keyboard, that could be interesting to see. Since they have the testing equipment for keyboards, after a lot of testing and data crunching, maybe they could come up with something better. Take what's best from others, do their own improvements and come up with a better product, like they did with the screwdriver. Of course, this means years of research and work, in my opinion but I think it could be doable, if there is a demand and they really wanted. I'm fairly certain that they'll have the means. 

Keyboards start to get complicated and probably beyond what LTT would want to support. 

I don't really see an incentive to do their own keyboard when theres so many out there that already meet the requirements that people want. 

Being electronics relying on 3rd party vendors for switches & pcb's there would be a high cost involved in manufacturing/assembly and possibly licensing firmware and supporting the RGB (probably through SignalRGB since their own software is yet another layer of complexity). I imagine with R&D and build costs it wouldn't be a high profit item like most of their other products. 

They could maybe do an exclusive brand deal with a LTT Edition with the likes of Razer, Corsair, SteelSeries, etc....but theres no gap to fill in designing/redesigning their own. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

2 hours ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Has it really been 10 years? Like, yea, maybe im outdated, but i thought it has only been like 4-5.

Also, neither of us may have tried razer switches, but i absolutely tried their other shit and that was garbage, and somehow everything they touch is just shit, so i extrapolated that to their switches aswell. 

And no, i wouldnt buy an LTT keyboard because i doubt it'd suit my needs, + the things they are already making are too form over function for me. Even the screwdriver, which i have, and while its a good screwdriver, its not a 70$ screwdriver. its fragile, and while it has nice features, it fees very much like an influencer product, that one buys to support the brand, something i'd have to keep safe because it wouldnt hold up in a work environment. For putting PC's together? Sure, its great for that, but thats about it. Its a life hazard for any electrical work, and not durable enough for a mechanics shop. I also despise the 'almost' proprietary bits. They should have just made the shaft longer to be able to fit standard bits, but they didnt, because it was tailored for Linus first, and us second. He specifically decided on this shaft length. Cant give source because they talk about these things randomly all over the place and i dont remember where he said this.

They make stuff, sure, but the screwdriver was the first non-media company thing they made, and they are still just starting out. They are the ambitious (and admittedly arrogant) cocky new kid on the block. Time hasnt tested them yet. There are so many things that can go wrong when you are making actual items to be used, instead of [merch], that giving things a couple years, and time for all these to surface (or not, if they are lucky), is of the essence.

Dude you think the LTT screwdriver is bad, try using a chainsaw for electrical work or in a mechanics shop. Trust me it won't go well.

Same with circular saws, flamethrowers, swords, bulldozers, skillets, toilet brushes, baby wipes and many more things.

One could argue that each task needs specific tools. Changing a diaper? Baby wipes? Great! Bulldozer? Shit. Flattening a surface? Baby wipes? Shit. Bulldozer? Great!

So maybe you should stop making stupid arguments about how a ratcheting screwdriver is bad for electrical work. It makes you look dumb and extremely salty.

Also it fits perfectly in a mechanics shop. In fact I used it this past week to install an Android head unit in my girlfriends car. Because you might not know this, but not every car part requires heavy duty tools, loads of stuff requires tools like this screwdriver.

As for the Razer stuff. You keep spewing nonsense. I don't care in what kind of time bubble you live, even if you thought it was 5 years, the fact is that you haven't used them and you know shit about them.

Just a 10 second search shows you that their keyboards are highly rated, multiple at 4.7 out of 5 on Amazon, which is the same as the top ones from Corsair for example, and better than Logitech. Does that mean they are better? Well neither of us knows, but one of us is making obnoxious claims.

Oh and unlike you, I use a Razer daily. My PC is a Razer Blade 14 (2021), it's extremely small, while housing a 3070 and Ryzen 9. The cooling has been absolutely excellent, and the build quality is superb.

I'm not a fan of Razer, and doubt I ever will be, but they make some excellent stuff. And as long as you don't have experience or data on any of their more recent devices, you shouldn't talk.

I agree with everyone else that I think put simply an entire mechanical keyboard made from scratch is just too tall of an order given how much infrastructure they'd need to start producing them, unless they partnered with a prexisting company, at which point I'm guessing they wouldn't put it on LTTStore and instead on whoever they partnered with's website.

I think perhaps they could do some custom keycaps, maybe even make a limited run of some of those custom resin keycaps. I think that's much more reasonable, since people could just use whatever keyboard they already like and just pop them on, and they could just do the standard Wan Show & LTT color schemes and call it a day.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

I dunno, judging from your tone you're the one who seems extremely salty tbh

Just slightly annoyed that the mods refuse to ban you, for consistently talking complete garbage. But nice counter to my arguments, very impressive.