Going from 900D to Air 540?

Tola

I got the 900D in December on boxing day for $100 at my local store and while at the time it seemed like a great idea it doesn't seem so great. I'm having problems with a lot of dust and would like a case that can fit on my desk because I have a shag carpet in my room. Should I stick with my 900D or go with the air 540?

PLEASE USE PCPARTPICKER.  My rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZBmWjX

i like the 540 better because its not a giant like the 900D, so i would go with the 540

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Parts? i mean, if you got a 900D i expect you to have some heavy duty rads and whatnot in it?
i own the 540 but its not perfect (working on it atm) few thigns i dont like is for example:
The location of the 2 3.5 HDD hotswap trays
The tray´s themself
The windowed sidepanel.
the holes under the 3.5 HDD trays
the lack of dust filter near the PSU.

few more things but i cant remember what those were.

Parts? i mean, if you got a 900D i expect you to have some heavy duty rads and whatnot in it?

I bought it for $100 and no I only use a 240mm rad and a 140mm rad along with a lot of fans. Im fine not using all 10 of the fans I have in the 900D if I get the 540.

Everything is in my signature

i own the 540 but its not perfect (working on it atm) few thigns i dont like is for example:

The location of the 2 3.5 HDD hotswap trays

The tray´s themself

The windowed sidepanel.

the holes under the 3.5 HDD trays

the lack of dust filter near the PSU.

few more things but i cant remember what those were.

I saw that and noticed there was no filter by PSU. Is there a reason why corsair didnt implement on next to the PSU fan?

I saw that and noticed there was no filter by PSU. Is there a reason why corsair didnt implement on next to the PSU fan?

No clue, i bought a 120 mm fan filter and it was too small, so if your going to do that buy a 140.

Also bought a filter for that area under the 3.5 HDD´s sadly due to that weird design i cant use it. i´m thinking of removing them then cut it open then solder a flat piece of metal back somehow, it will look ugly but at lest i wont have a damn hole there.

No clue, i bought a 120 mm fan filter and it was too small, so if your going to do that buy a 140.

Also bought a filter for that area under the 3.5 HDD´s sadly due to that weird design i cant use it. i´m thinking of removing them then cut it open then solder a flat piece of metal back somehow, it will look ugly but at lest i wont have a damn hole there.

Magnetic fan filter or no?

Use some of your exhaust fans as intake fans

unless you are looking to short your water cooling idea/build, i believe you'll have the

same issues of dust (prolly worse). dropping an extra $80 for a demci-filter kit to make

it tolerable, but you'll still have the issue as the height on the AIR540 is lower than the

900D. profit-wise it'll be better in the wallet, but i'd think it is a lateral move.

unless you are looking to short your water cooling idea/build, i believe you'll have the

same issues of dust (prolly worse). dropping an extra $80 for a demci-filter kit to make

it tolerable, but you'll still have the issue as the height on the AIR540 is lower than the

900D. profit-wise it'll be better in the wallet, but i'd think it is a lateral move.

I can fit a air 540 on my desk but the 900D is on my floor right next to a shag carpet.

So I bought the Air 540 today should arrive tomorrow or friday. I also bought a 140mm dust filter for the psu