I bought the wrong ssd and now I regret my life decisions

Omegavic24

First of all, sorry for the English taken from Google translator.

Now my problem, I bought an m.2 ssd online, this one, but until it arrived I hadn't noticed that it was SATA and not nvme. My pc doesn't have the necessary port to use the ssd and now I don't know if there's any adaptation to make it work somehow or now I have a nice paperweight. The reason I bought it was simply because I wanted a disk to put only the operating system and well, that SSD was cheap. Does anyone know if I can still use it somehow or is it better to buy another ssd?

5 minutes ago, Omegavic24 said:

First of all, sorry for the English taken from Google translator.

Now my problem, I bought an m.2 ssd online, this one, but until it arrived I hadn't noticed that it was SATA and not nvme. My pc doesn't have the necessary port to use the ssd and now I don't know if there's any adaptation to make it work somehow or now I have a nice paperweight. The reason I bought it was simply because I wanted a disk to put only the operating system and well, that SSD was cheap. Does anyone know if I can still use it somehow or is it better to buy another ssd?

If you have a spare pcie slot you could use something like this. https://www.newegg.com/riitop-model-dul-m2tpce4x-pci-express-controller-card/p/17Z-0061-00062?Description=nvme m.2 to sata m.2 adapter&cm_re=nvme_m.2 to sata m.2 adapter-_-9SIA6V89GC6543-_-Product&quicklink=true

wd green is pretty terrible anyway,  there's a reason its cheap... id just return it tbh and make better life choices in the future = )

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

You could also get an external enclosure for the drive and use it basically as a jump drive. I have a couple of nvme drives I use in external enclosures to transfer large projects at work