Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire coming to 3DS!

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are getting the re-make treatment, the game is going to come out on the 3DS and will hopefully bring back some old Pokemon fans to the series. Nintendo has had a difficult time with the series in recent years, the DS iterations of the games weren’t going down so well and interest in the franchise has shrunk a bit but the company is looking to repeat the success of past remakes with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

The classic GBA games will be making a return with a simultaneous world wide release in November although apart from that, we don’t really have any other information aside from a really short teaser trailer and the box art:

Untitled2.png

Now for the real question: where the hell is my Pokemon Emerald remake?

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire-coming-to-3ds/

EDIT: If you watched the video, you'll know that it'll be released in November 2014!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

how about HELL YEA!!!! finaly a reason for my 3DS to excist!

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

meh~ come on Nintendo 

what's more interesting is how many times they can resell the same game

does nintendo even do much besides make a new console now and then and port old games to it?
*cough* exactly.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

aah good times ... 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

welp brb re-buying my 3ds 

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

what's more interesting is how many times they can resell the same game

meh~ come on Nintendo 

*cough* exactly.... 

they about to get $250 off of me for pure nistalgia

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

they about to get $250 off of me for pure nistalgia

Same here. I'm am literally praying that Kyogre and Groudon get a Mega Evolution. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

FUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEESSSS!!! FINALLY! MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD!!!

Ok, I'm done now.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

FUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEESSSS!!! FINALLY! MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD!!!

Ok, I'm done now.

Gonna have to wait till November. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gonna have to wait till November. 

Still...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Same here. I'm am literally praying that Kyogre and Groudon get a Mega Evolution. 

ill probably do the same as i did with X and Y, get the game, finish it in 2 days, get my dream team, smash everyone on my campus in a 1v1, and after a whole week of doing this, never play it again :D

ill probably do the same as i did with X and Y, get the game, finish it in 2 days, get my dream team, smash everyone on my campus in a 1v1, and after a whole week of doing this, never play it again :D

I'd be quite disappointed if they end up using the majority of the old story line. If that will be the case, it'll be just another game for me to do a speed run.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'd be quite disappointed if they end up using the majority of the old story line. If that will be the case, it'll be just another game for me to do a speed run.

id be mad if they made up a new one! i do believe they should maybe tack on someone at the end

OMG OMG im so hyped, ive not been this hyped since borderlands 2, im geared up like mad, i really need a 3ds or someone else needs to get together and code a 3ds emulator, it cant be too hard right.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

id be mad if they made up a new one! i do believe they should maybe tack on someone at the end

From Serebii,

The press release lists these games as a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire and states "The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."

Look into that as you will.

I expect it will be more like how they did the Red/Blue remakes. Have the original game and then added extra bits like the islands and stuff at the end.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I hate Nintendo. Forcing me to buy a 3ds when I have a perfectly good (albeit slightly broken) DS lite, just so I can play this. And there's no doubt going to be special edition 3ds'. That I will just "Have" to buy because they look awesome. Curse you Nintendo, CURSE YOU!!!

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

It was going to come out for sure but we didnt know when.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Waiting for Super Omega Alpha Emerald...

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I want this because it's a re-make of my favorite Pokemon titles.

I don't want this because it'll be filled with excessive counts of Pokemon, horrible ideas in the vein of Mega-evolutions and it will potentially have the same drab dullness that's effected the Pokemon series in regards to video games ever since they moved onto DS.

To me, the series died with Emerald and since then it's just been really trying to strike a positive note but it's hard when the best you could ever do in the future will only ever be on level with what you've already done. It seems Nintendo for the most part, and all their branches respectively, hit one point where they release a great, absolutely great game and then from then on it's never really anything better, it's either the same greatness or worse, and for the most part it's usually the latter.

(Fire red and Leaf green however, do give rise to a little bit of hope, if you play any of the DS games ad then go black and play one of those two, you'll definitely notice the difference in so much and hopefully in looking back at older games, GF won't drop the ball with this and make a really honourable remake.)

Suppose I'm just a cynical bastard, guess I'll just go back to hacking Pokemon ROMs and making a game I enjoy instead of paying money to play the new ones just for the slightest glimmer of hope that the people behind the wheel know what they're doing, at the end of it all, my hopes for this being any good is barely a single percent, but you'll get thousands that'll rave that it's the best thing anyway, simply because it's Nintendo or Pokemon.

Waiting for Super Omega Alpha Emerald...

ive been waiting for Mind Heart Soul Crystal for ever.........

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I want this because it's a re-make of my favorite Pokemon titles.

I don't want this because it'll be filled with excessive counts of Pokemon, horrible ideas in the vein of Mega-evolutions and it will potentially have the same drab dullness that's effected the Pokemon series in regards to video games ever since they moved onto DS.

And you really can't find a working GBA? Never heard of an emulator? I never understood this attitude is not like the old games just disappeared, in fact I venture to say many of you have likely purchased classics on gog.com and found em to be perfectly playable like you say no need for updates, improvements, etc. They are still fine games as is.

-------

Current Rig

-------