Food Sitch

tbeau123

hi there everyone,

so we were looking at the expo website and saw that it says there will be no outside food or drinks allowed at the expo. just wondering if/how this translates to the lan party?

my original intent was to pack drinks, snack, and a light lunch into the lan. considering i have equipment i dont want to leave unattended i was hoping i could just plan ahead and then i wouldnt have to leave the lan. i am aware of the food court across from ltx. 

trying to find this out in advance so i can make plans. dont really want to assume, show up, and get my stuff taken by security. someone on discord figured energy drinks and ordered pizza would be an exception. but i find that hard to believe if the rules are no food or drink

LTX 2019 had food vendors inside.  So if you are hungry, I think they got you covered.

On 3/3/2023 at 11:47 PM, the99er said:

LTX 2019 had food vendors inside.  So if you are hungry, I think they got you covered.

Yo @CPotter, can we get confirmation on this being the case this year(like if such is planned/in the works/should be expected but no promises yet/...anything)? I don't see any such details on the site.

....or R we still @ the 'watch the site for details' stage? (assuming I can get in on this one, it'll be my 1st. VERY excited for it &, like a lot of people I'm sure, trying to make plans so things R relatively smooth)

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2023 at 8:20 PM, Mr.Nelf said:

Yo @CPotter, can we get confirmation on this being the case this year(like if such is planned/in the works/should be expected but no promises yet/...anything)? I don't see any such details on the site.

....or R we still @ the 'watch the site for details' stage? (assuming I can get in on this one, it'll be my 1st. VERY excited for it &, like a lot of people I'm sure, trying to make plans so things R relatively smooth)

Try asking @Chase Douglas as he is the official Event Coordinator 

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 7:12 AM, tbeau123 said:

hi there everyone,

so we were looking at the expo website and saw that it says there will be no outside food or drinks allowed at the expo. just wondering if/how this translates to the lan party?

my original intent was to pack drinks, snack, and a light lunch into the lan. considering i have equipment i dont want to leave unattended i was hoping i could just plan ahead and then i wouldnt have to leave the lan. i am aware of the food court across from ltx. 

trying to find this out in advance so i can make plans. dont really want to assume, show up, and get my stuff taken by security. someone on discord figured energy drinks and ordered pizza would be an exception. but i find that hard to believe if the rules are no food or drink

There are plenty of places around that you can eat. There is a food court across the street from the convention center.

I believe @tbeau123 wanted to save a couple bucks by not having to buy fast food. I won't advocate breaking the rules, but my previous experiences at the VCC are that they do not have security checking bags, but that was pre pandemic. I think you'd be safe to bring your food in so long as it doesn't leave your bag while you're on the floor. When lunch comes, walk out to one of the ledges or benches and enjoy your lunch watching the ships and seagulls go by.

On 7/3/2023 at 8:58 PM, minibeas said:

There are plenty of places around that you can eat. There is a food court across the street from the convention center.