Disable right click in google chrome.

idiocracy

At work we have touch screen PC's that users use to sign in/out, sign onto activities etc.

The users are kids, and sometime they manage to long press which opens the context menu and exit full screen mode.

Is there a way to either disable right click, or disable the context menu in google chrome?

Nope....Just nope.

Are you starting Chrome in 'kiosk mode', or are you just opening a regular Chrome window and setting it full-screen?

You should be able to get the effect you want by adding a couple command line arguments to your Chrome shortcut (or to the script that launches it):

--kiosk --disable-context-menu

https://dandelion-burdock.com/articles/chrome-kiosk-mode

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

22 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Are you starting Chrome in 'kiosk mode', or are you just opening a regular Chrome window and setting it full-screen?

You should be able to get the effect you want by adding a couple command line arguments to your Chrome shortcut (or to the script that launches it):

--kiosk --disable-context-menu

https://dandelion-burdock.com/articles/chrome-kiosk-mode

I'm starting chrome normally with --disable-pinch --start-fullscreen

I've been looking at kiosk mode, but i'm not entirely sure that is for us. I'll try adding the disable context menu and see if that works.

Edit: --disable-context-menu did not work, longpressing screen still opens right click menu.

Nope....Just nope.

Ok, so i tried --kiosk. Otherwise --disable-context-menu does not work and found i can still swipe up from the bottom, which is fine. This allows me to still use the machine without having to plug in a keyboard.

Nope....Just nope.

1 hour ago, TechlessBro said:

Have you looked at the windows pen and touch options?

They can be customised under tap and hold you can unselect option for acting and right click.

I have not, but i will. I mostly looked at the touch keyboard options, to see if there was a swipe out keyboard of some sort.

Nope....Just nope.