Dell XPS15-8947sLV $2,069 +Free Shipping (US)

Scorpius

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-XPS15-8947sLV-Touch-Notebook-15-6-i7-4702HQ-2-2-GHz-512GB-SSD-16-GB-DDR3L-/261472663434?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item3ce0fc378a

I bought this laptop about a month ago for my SO, It's quite an awesome laptop and I've been looking to get one for myself as well, as I steal hers a bit too much.

Essentially if you love the look and feel of Macbooks but don't want OSX or a Mac, this is the laptop for you.

It's pretty much the exact specs as the $2600 Macbook with a very slightly larger or more standard resolution depending how you look at it. Also has touch, which can be somewhat beneficial in Windows 8.

Biggest reason I like it is there's not many laptops that have true i7 Quad Core lots are that 4200U crap - http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4702HQ-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4500U

Here's it listed on Dell's site: http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9530/pd?oc=dncwx1249h&model_id=xps-15-9530

Anywho, still not quite low enough for me to bite so soon again after buying one at full price so recently, but it's a pretty solid deal.

NOTE: Not trying to say this is going to be a super awesome gaming laptop! May be able to play games with acceptable performance but this is not for that.

It's pretty much the exact specs as the $2600 Macbook with a very slightly larger or more standard resolution depending how you look at it. Also has touch, which can be somewhat beneficial in Windows 8.

You are comparing the prices from ebay with apple's prices ... a tiny bit misleading

you can get the $2600 model directly from apple (refurbished) for $2200 aswell ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

You are comparing the prices from ebay with apple's prices ... a tiny bit misleading

you can get the $2600 model directly from apple (refurbished) for $2200 aswell ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-XPS15-8947sLV-Touch-Notebook-15-6-i7-4702HQ-2-2-GHz-512GB-SSD-16-GB-DDR3L-/261472663434?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item3ce0fc378a

I bought this laptop about a month ago for my SO, It's quite an awesome laptop and I've been looking to get one for myself as well, as I steal hers a bit too much.

Essentially if you love the look and feel of Macbooks but don't want OSX or a Mac, this is the laptop for you.

Biggest reason I like it is there's not many laptops that have true i7 Quad Core lots are that 4200U crap - http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4702HQ-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4500U

Here's it listed on Dell's site: http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9530/pd?oc=dncwx1249h&model_id=xps-15-9530

Anywho, still not quite low enough for me to bite so soon again after buying one at full price so recently, but it's a pretty solid deal.

NOTE: Not trying to say this is going to be a super awesome gaming laptop! May be able to play games with acceptable performance but this is not for that.

kinda the whole point of not buying apple is you arnt getting what you paid for. For 2k you can get a badass gaming laptop from asus, msi, or razer. Same specs as a mac is got a good selling point unless the price is a lot lower

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

Well then you wanna find a refurbished on the XPS to compare it to. Was just comparing new in box to new in box. Can't really get much of a discount on a Macbook from any retailer, but comparing them on eBay as well doesn't help too much. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&Processor%2520Type=Intel%2520Core%2520i7%25204th%2520Gen%252E&LH_ItemCondition=3&_nkw=macbook%20pro%20retina%2015&_dcat=111422&rt=nc&_pppn=r1&Memory=16%2520GB%2520or%2520more

If there was a refurbished of this laptop you'd be getting the same discount and there would still be the price difference.

kinda the whole point of not buying apple is you arnt getting what you paid for. For 2k you can get a badass gaming laptop from asus, msi, or razer. Same specs as a mac is got a good selling point unless the price is a lot lower

If you are looking for a gaming laptop, you probably should not buy a Macbook anyway.

If you are looking for a gaming laptop, you probably should not buy a Macbook anyway.

i wasn't saying that, just saying for that price you can buy so much better, macs are not as good for media as they were so there is no point of the high price tag

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

The point I was making is this is the build quality of a mac but built for Windows and at a good price from what it retails for.

The laptop I was upgrading from for her was a Asus ROG Laptop, I don't remember the exact model, but it was from 2012, also had an i7, 16GB of RAM, a 256gb SSD and I think a GTX 560 or GTX 660.

Now trying to compare that laptop to a Macbook would be unfair, as it doesn't compare in any way, but was also $1,000 cheaper.

Didn't post this to try to argue which is better. I'm saying this is an awesome laptop that competes very well with the MacBook Pro for a pretty solid discount.

i wasn't saying that, just saying for that price you can buy so much better, macs are not as good for media as they were so there is no point of the high price tag

omg ... compare the dell price tag to the apple price tag. when they both came out, the difference was about 200 USD.

This 200 USD are easly justifiable by the better build quality of the Macbook and features like thunderbolt.

edit: the razer blade is $2699 with a 512GB SSD !!!

omg ... compare the dell price tag to the apple price tag. when they both came out, the difference was about 200 USD.

This 200 USD are easly justifiable by the better build quality of the Macbook and features like thunderbolt.

edit: the razer blade is $2699 with a 512GB SSD !!!

Which is what I'm saying is the biggest point of this laptop. The build quality is absolutely amazing, I'm sure there's plenty of reviews out there that will mention this if people are actually interested.

There's no way to convince someone of this without using it, but I can honestly say I've never touched anything other than a MacBook Pro that felt near this quality as far as laptops go.

edit: Never touched the Razer Blade myself but that's pretty much specs the same laptop as well with a newer better video card and half the RAM. If someone were looking for a gaming laptop that'd be the obvious choice at the price/size point, and likely build quality if it's comparable to their other products.

i've got this latop and it's awesome!

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace