Anyone else tired computer if show off videos being disguised as tech help?

Spazthe magician

I'm not talking about sponsorship. I'm talking about While trying to look up info on GPU support brackets I constantly came across nothing but people who have this STUPID RGB shit glaring in the face of the video and or talking about unrelated parts. FFS you're not doing a light show. No one cares if you're running 6000MHz ram with an overclocked CPU, or about your gaming monitor/chair and whatever else.

Unless the component itself requires the computer to be on THEN UNPLUG YOUR DAMN COMPUTER and focus on the damn component.

All you wind up doing with this is cause people like me to shut the fing video off (Yes I know they got my view) but furthermore causes me to not only never go to their channel ever again, but also blacklist any video they're in this includes other yotuubers. So this isn't about RGB hate, this is about the outright deception and manipulation which in turn just hurts everyone.

Your computer has no business even being turned on to showcase a GPU support bracket

I know it won't happen, but these types of videos seriously need to be banned.

7 minutes ago, Spazthe magician said:

I'm not talking about sponsorship. I'm talking about While trying to look up info on GPU support brackets I constantly came across nothing but people who have this STUPID RGB shit glaring in the face of the video and or talking about unrelated parts.

Oh boy, here we go again, lol.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Just now, Spazthe magician said:

WTF does that mean? Here we go again with what?

You and your never ending crusade to end RGB.

Now since we are having another fun opinion-related thread... Don't you hate it when people make posts about something but disguise the post to fool others into thinking it's about something else? Like say, making a post about misleading tech videos but use it to promote an anti-RGB agenda? That stuff really grinds my gears.

3 hours ago, MageTank said:

You and your never ending crusade to end RGB.

Learn to read, this isn't about RGB adn this clearly articulates that I listed several other issues as well along with specifics and you decide to only mention that one aspect

Looks like you're purposely going out of your way to harass me and start problems. (it probably isn't going to do any good but consider yourself reported)

Nope, can't say I have any idea what you're talking about. Sounds like a "you" problem.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Not really. I like videos that have a set with e.g. a running PC in the background or some other form of window dressing.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 hours ago, Middcore said:

Nope, can't say I have any idea what you're talking about. Sounds like a "you" problem.

here is just one example if this was about the support bracket then there is absolutely no reason at all his computer should be on

This isn't him talking about a bracket this is him showing off his lit up comp and disgusing it as gpu support bracket topic

here is just one example if this was about the support bracket then there is absolutely not reason his computer is on this is him showing off his lit up comp under the guise of a gpu support bracket

Lights make things easier to see. 😎

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Learn to read, this isn't about RGB adn this clearly articulates that I listed several other issues as well along with specifics and you decide to only mention that one aspect

Looks like you're purposely going out of your way to harass me and start problems.

image.png.a189acbc3832749835a269a0adc4b938.png

The Rock Raises Eyebrow GIF - The Rock Raises Eyebrow Raise Eyebrows -  Discover & Share GIFs

Not really going out of my way per se, just finding humor in the little things.

Now "on topic", no. I've yet to come across the videos you describe. Even then, I don't see it as a problem, nor do I see it as them "showing off". If you have your PC on in a video, you are likely to be editing said video afterwards, which would require your PC, right? 

1 minute ago, Spazthe magician said:

here is just one example if this was about the support bracket then there is absolutely not reason his computer is on this is him showing off his lit up comp under the guise of a gpu support bracket

What if he wants to demonstrate that the bracket isn't impeding any of the spinning fans? Seems pretty valid to me.

Lights make things easier to see. 😎

the use an overhead light. That video is one of many where it's not about the bracket it's about him showing off.

the use an overhead light. That video is one of many where it's not about the bracket it's about him showing off.

Lights produce heat. Too much room lighting would heat up the environment and that would be bad for the PC parts.  😰

2 minutes ago, Spazthe magician said:

absolutely not reason his computer is on this is him showing off his lit up comp under the guise of a gpu support bracket

Wait wait wait, so you're telling ME that they have to SHOW the pc to demonstrate the bracket!?!?

How do you know it's about him showing off? What if he doesn't own an overhead light? What if he does own an overhead light but the shadow cast from the GPU makes it difficult to see the bracket?

You are making a lot of assumptions about the intent of others.

What if he wants to demonstrate that the bracket isn't impeding any of the spinning fans? Seems pretty valid to me

You all can spin this any way you want but you cannot justify having the computer on for a gpu support bracket

You're all just making excuses for this crap, and as far as you claiming you've yet to come across one of those videos you're outright lying because I just posted one and you are still in denial

You cannot justify having the computer on for that. there are plenty of ways to rotate the fans without the computer being plugged in.

He should just stick his finger in there and flick 'em, I suppose. 

You cannot justify having the computer on for that. there are plenty of ways to rotate the fans without the computer being plugged in.

Yeah, but the point of using a bracket is to do so while the system is on, right? What if I want to make sure that the bracket isn't putting too much upward pressure on the GPU, causing the pins in the PCIe slot to make less contact in a given row?

you're just making excuses

Woah buddy, these ain't excuses. These are my opinions. Much like this thread is about your opinion. That is, unless you think your opinion is a fact, in which case, mine is too, because I think so.

you're outright lying

Or, maybe I just don't see it as showing off? You believe they are showing off. Beliefs are not the same as facts. You simply do not know. To accuse me of lying because I believe differently than you do is just silly, lol.

you are still in denial

Not denial. I am in disagreement. There is a difference.

He should just stick his finger in there and flick 'em, I suppose.

What you're talking about has nothing to do with the support bracket itself the thing either fits or it doesn't, the fans are either in the way or it doesn't.

All of you are just making excuses for this type of manipulative crap.

If a sponsor requires something ok fine, that isn't a problem show all the RGB you want IF it's a sponsor,

but that video like many others aren't sponsoring anything like that so there is no component reason the computer should even be on

Woah buddy, these ain't excuses. These are my opinions. Much like this thread is about your opinion. That is, unless you think your opinion is a fact, in which case, mine is too, because I think so.

it's not an opinion these types of videos are in fact showing off their systems and disguising it as tech help.

A gpu bracket is for ONLY supporting the GPU that means there is no reason for the computer to even be plugged in.

What you're talking about has nothing to do with the support bracket itself the thing either fits or it doesn't, the fans are either in the way or it doesn't.

Demonstrating that the fans spin shows that it fits. 🙂 

it's not an opinion videos are in fact showing off their systems and then disguising it as tech help.

image.png.3c9b768d0d538ba4c15e96e00f15519d.png

See the title above? Asking if anyone else is tired is inviting the opinion of others. You then go on to share your opinion in the original post of the thread. This entire thread is based on your personal dislike of the behavior you are describing in the videos. None of it is fact.

Cite sources that state "showing off" is a bannable offense. Until you do so, you are sharing an opinion, not a fact. Do not villainize others for not sharing your beliefs, the world is much bigger than any of us.

Demonstrating that the fans spin shows that it fits.

Sorry but that isn't valid because anyone can see  by the placement of the bracket whether it fits or not, so once again you don't need to turn the computer on to show that.

29 minutes ago, Spazthe magician said:

I'm not talking about sponsorship. I'm talking about While trying to look up info on GPU support brackets I constantly came across nothing but people who have this STUPID RGB shit glaring in the face of the video and or talking about unrelated parts. FFS you're not doing a light show. No one cares if you're running 6000MHz ram with an overclocked CPU, or about your gaming monitor/chair and whatever else.

Unless the component itself requires the computer to be on THEN UNPLUG YOUR DAMN COMPUTER and focus on the damn component.

All you wind up doing with this is cause people like me to shut the fing video off (Yes I know they got my view) but furthermore causes me to not only never go to their channel ever again, but also blacklist any video they're in this includes other yotuubers. So this isn't about RGB hate, this is about the outright deception and manipulation which in turn just hurts everyone.

Your computer has no business even being turned on to showcase a GPU support bracket

I know it won't happen, but these types of videos seriously need to be banned.

Your passion is so intense that you should become a content creator, and share your passion in videos so that the dozens of people that share the same feelings can watch and comment.

If there are millions of people who think your ideas and opinions are valid and worthwhile, you will become famous and wealthy.  

No I have an adult job and adult money, flexing with a computer is not interesting 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers