When should I replace coolant

Hey guys was just curious how often should i flush out my loop and re-fill it with fresh coolant? or do i not have to even worry about it?

the coolant im using is Koolance LIQ-702 Liquid Coolant Bottle, High-Performance, 700mL (UV Red) 

SKU: LIQ-702RD-B

thanks,

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

also im aware it says "It's recommended to replace the coolant every 2-3 years, or immediately if there is any change in color or clarity." but besides the clarity part can i just run the same stuff for 4+ years if it is still clear ?

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

I would say once a moth, or once every 2 months to stay on the safe side.

EDIT: With that coolant you can keep it in there from 8 months to over 1 year and 6 months. 

It's your tubing that will degrade the fastest in any given loop. Most Coolant's from reputable sources will last years, but because the tubing starts to degrade more quickly, the loop will need flushing with both tubing and coolant replaced once every 6 months I'd say. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

well on my rig I don't use a coolant so I'm not really sure but I just recently put all my water cooling parts together and I plan to flush the water out every 3 months unless I have to go somewhere else like a month back.

Live your life like a dream.

once every 6 months is the rule most people go by. You'll also need to replace the tubing, as mentioned here before.

6 months to a year. Keep an eye on coolant - make sure it stays looking well. Keep an eye on the tubes. Make sure they not degraded, stiff, cracked, etc. Otherwise, a year is good.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I would say once a moth, or once every 2 months to stay on the safe side.

Lol wut? Maybe if you are using aurora but not with normal coolant.

I just check if the color of the coolant changes and if I see temps going up. Using distilled water you can get away with 1-2 years not changing your coolant and still beeing fine.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Lol wut? Maybe if you are using aurora but not with normal coolant.

I just check if the color of the coolant changes and if I see temps going up. Using distilled water you can get away with 1-2 years not changing your coolant and still beeing fine.

I'll have to edit my post, I didn't even bother to click the link. I assumed he was using something like mayhems pastel 

6 months to a year. Keep an eye on coolant - make sure it stays looking well. Keep an eye on the tubes. Make sure they not degraded, stiff, cracked, etc. Otherwise, a year is good.

yeah i have had it running for 8 months now without changing anything and it looks really clear and i dont see any like build up or anything out of the ordinary in the tubing i have a full brand new bottle of coolant just wondering when i should change it and if i should replace all the tubing at the same time?

yeah i have had it running for 8 months now without changing anything and it looks really clear and i dont see any like build up or anything out of the ordinary in the tubing i have a full brand new bottle of coolant just wondering when i should change it and if i should replace all the tubing at the same time?

Was running Thermochill EC6 for about 2 years, clear tubing and clear coolant, no gunk, and nothing to clean out. Unless your loop runs EXTREMELY hot, I can see no reason why you'd need to change the tubing every 6 months, (unless maybye, if you buy the worst quality cheapo-tubing you can find). Aftet the 2 years the Masterkleer tubing I was using was still in cherry condition.

Just my 2 cents... :) 

Was running Thermochill EC6 for about 2 years, clear tubing and clear coolant, no gunk, and nothing to clean out. Unless your loop runs EXTREMELY hot, I can see no reason why you'd need to change the tubing every 6 months, (unless maybye, if you buy the worst quality cheapo-tubing you can find). Aftet the 2 years the Masterkleer tubing I was using was still in cherry condition.

Just my 2 cents... :)

yeah im running primo chill LRT tubing UV red with the coolant linked above

The only issue is if you remove some of the tubing, trying to reuse that specific piece is risky as it has been stretched out. So, I would replace any pieces you have to disconnect to drain the loop. But otherwise, if it looks good and feels pliable, should be ok with the rest.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

The only issue is if you remove some of the tubing, trying to reuse that specific piece is risky as it has been stretched out. So, I would replace any pieces you have to disconnect to drain the loop. But otherwise, if it looks good and feels pliable, should be ok with the rest.

hmm alright well i will have to order more tubing then and i will probably take the time while its all apart to just add a plate to separate the bottom and the top off the 900D then drill the holes and route the tubing to the rads and pump in the bottom. 

Thanks for the help one other thing should i take apart all the blocks and clean them or just change the coolant i will be using the same coolant.

hmm alright well i will have to order more tubing then and i will probably take the time while its all apart to just add a plate to separate the bottom and the top off the 900D then drill the holes and route the tubing to the rads and pump in the bottom. 

Thanks for the help one other thing should i take apart all the blocks and clean them or just change the coolant i will be using the same coolant.

When you drain the res, if the fluid is still clear/clean then most likely the blocks are fine. If you do notice any residue, then yes, most likely you will want to pull your blocks out and clean them. If it is only minimal junk though, maybe just flush the loop a few times with distilled water. I do that anyways, just to fully clear out any old coolant. Also remember, lot of old coolant can get stuck in the rads, so be sure to shake those around well.