Could use a MB/CPU/RAM combo

BigN

Budget (including currency): 1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Some games, mostly productivity upgrade

Other details I'm looking for a MB/CPU/RAM combo. I *think* I am looking at a 13600k or something close but no idea what MB to pair it with. 

I have a a 3080 FTW3 and pairing it with a LG C2 42" and a LG 2k monitor. I am coming from a 3600x, but I'm running into CPU issues during productivity work. Like windows lagging when moving or basic File explorer functions lagging, so hoping to up the thread count on the CPU will solve my problems. The performance concerns are due to some older single threaded applications that can not be upgraded/modified I need for work. 

I do play games, but don't really have a concern with what I presently have. Things like WoW, PoE, Diablo 4, and a variety of JRPGs, but I'm happy with their present performance. 

I'm not much into OCing, but would accept any auto profiles for XMP. 

I have had the worst time with Asus ROG stuff, so would steer away from them all things being equal.
I don't need wifi on my MB, not concerned with resale, Don't need more than 2 m2 drives, 1GB networking will suffice. I'd rather not overspend, particularly on MB if not needed. I think DDR4 would be fine for me. 

TIA. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nHrLRv

That's about what I'd go for. The 13600KF is a pretty good value CPU (though if you live near a Micro Center you might just want to go 13700K since their pricing for that chip is $330 right now), the cooler is plenty for a 13600KF for stock operation or even an overclock if you ever feel like doing that, the motherboard is a solid board for the price (nothing special but will get the job done). For RAM I did go DDR5 since at this point the pricing for DDR5 is not that much more than DDR4, so you might as well get a kit that you could carry towards your next system, plus for a lot of productivity stuff DDR5 does hold a pretty clear advantage over DDR4. You could probably cost optimize a bit more if you did go DDR4, but realistically you'd be saving $50-100 in total and given your budget is $1500 I wouldn't really say that's worth saving IMO. 

57 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nHrLRv

That's about what I'd go for. The 13600KF is a pretty good value CPU (though if you live near a Micro Center you might just want to go 13700K since their pricing for that chip is $330 right now), the cooler is plenty for a 13600KF for stock operation or even an overclock if you ever feel like doing that, the motherboard is a solid board for the price (nothing special but will get the job done). For RAM I did go DDR5 since at this point the pricing for DDR5 is not that much more than DDR4, so you might as well get a kit that you could carry towards your next system, plus for a lot of productivity stuff DDR5 does hold a pretty clear advantage over DDR4. You could probably cost optimize a bit more if you did go DDR4, but realistically you'd be saving $50-100 in total and given your budget is $1500 I wouldn't really say that's worth saving IMO. 

Eh that 16gbit bdie will be outdated and slow by the time op even upgrades (~6600) so id reccomend this instead which should be hynix a die so itll ride out the entire ddr5 gen (8000+), though 27$ cheaper there are 5600c32 kits that should be hynix m die and still decently futureproof (~7200)

Thank you for the replies. 

I should add I'm looking at 64GB for RAM. 

I do not live near a microcenter, so Amazon/Newegg for me.