New way Youtube is adding advertisements for premium users?

Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,
28 minutes ago, Gelatin said:

I'm trying not to privateer content 馃槄

You tried the legitimate way and they still shoved ads on you.

You've earned the right to go that route if anything.

You say you're using Chromecast, which means you're likely streaming from a phone or tablet?

I suggest you look into Revanced聽if you want the youtube app. Or cast from a browser that has built-in adbloocker.聽

Heyo friends, My partner recently had an interesting thing happen to his youtube queue.聽

Some backstory, we chromecast most content we watch to our TV, so he got us a premium subscription so we don't have to see anymore of that weird silent safeway ad.聽
It's been working great, no Ads as promised until we came across an Ad invading his queue BEFORE the video he added(in the following screenshot he removed the next video as it was city specific). I chalked it up to a bug, but it happened again and again so he had a chat with support.
Turns out this is TOTALLY NOT AN AD According to youtube, but a super viral video they thought we had to see right now! How exciting! Now this is kinda frigged, 14$ for an ad free* experience.

The kicker is that his youtube algorithm is very much not tech related (unlike mine)
Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? I kinda super want to not see ad's on my TV, but still support creators.聽

chat attached

ugh.png

This is stupid, I personally pay for youtube premium, and if this happens to me, I will also definitly be canceling my subscription.

Some coolish person who likes to make stuff

You need to chill the hell out with the way you鈥檙e talking to CS reps, you鈥檙e attacking them as if they鈥檙e the ones developing the platform.

Have some patience and respect for your fellow humans.

MacBook Pro 16 -聽i9-9980HK聽- Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB聽-聽32GB DDR4 - 2TB聽NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ad blockers.

22 minutes ago, Gelatin said:

it should be fine, especially since you pay youtube and youtube is still giving you ads

im a web dev, if you need a website msg me

ill actually make a front-end website for you, im bored and need something to do, msg me with what you need and i might make a website for you (idc what platform you msg me on i have stuff on my profile) /srs

previous work linked on my profile under "website url"

i do everything for free so dont worry about paying me for it

28 minutes ago, Gelatin said:

You say you're using Chromecast, which means you're likely streaming from a phone or tablet?

I suggest you look into Revanced聽if you want the youtube app. Or cast from a browser that has built-in adbloocker.聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x聽/ GPU:Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB/ RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB聽DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus聽/ NVME: Corsair聽MP510 240GB / Case:TT Core v21聽/ PSU: Seasonic 750W聽/ OS: Win聽10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

that's fair, I'm sure my 0.0001cent per view (or whatever it is) isn't super helpful in the long run to creators but it feels badman.聽

Guess I'll look into that reVanced app and maybe buy a screwdriver or something from other people we watch often to offset the guilt聽

On 2/7/2023 at 11:00 AM, Gelatin said:

I kinda super want to not see ad's on my TV, but still support creators.

YT premium users do support creators, basically after YT takes his cut of the subscription fee it gives a percentage to the creators you watch, the most you see one channels videos, the more of that split that channel gets聽

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600聽

GPU - Sapphire PULSE RX 6650 XT

PSU - RM 650 black label聽

RAM - Fury Beast RGB 16GB (2 x 8)

SSD - KC 3000 1TB

G915 TKL (Brown switches)

G502 X Lightspeed