Is there no PDF reader for Windows made by ---- MICROSOFT?!?!?!?!?

idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b
Just now, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

Seriously?!?!?!

Microsoft edge has a built in PDF reader which is a carryover feature from chromium. Native app is still mainly adobe, and you only have adobe for PDF editing.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

23 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

and you only have adobe for PDF editing.

LibreOffice Draw not work the same in Windows as it does in Linux? It edits PDFs. There's quite a few free open source tools that edit PDFs, but LibreOffice Draw is already included in most Linux distros, and works pretty well. LibreOffice is available for Windows.

1 minute ago, OhioYJ said:

LibreOffice Draw not work the same in Windows as it does in Linux? It edits PDFs. There's quite a few free open source tools that edit PDFs, but LibreOffice Draw is already included in most Linux distros, and works pretty well. LibreOffice is available for Windows.

How complete exactly? PDF has a lot of new features added every year that breaks compatibility, ive heard libre draw but last time i heard its awful compared to native acrobat.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

How complete exactly? PDF has a lot of new features added every year that breaks compatibility, ive heard libre draw but last time i heard its awful compared to native acrobat.

That's a an issue, and why a lot of these tools have "some" functionality. Draw generally does everything I need to do, which is fairly basic, and means I don't have to pay adobe anything. Draw seems to have the "most" functionality from what I've seen and read.  Usually if I'm doing anything odd, I have the original document, and can just make the PDF after I'm done.

1 hour ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

Seriously?!?!?!

Adobe holds the royalties on PDF file format. Microsoft would have to lease the rights to create their own. As it is your web browser has reader capabilities as pointed out by @SorryClaire

Word can create and read pdf files but its not true pdf, word has to convert it first.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

7 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Adobe holds the royalties on PDF file format. Microsoft would have to lease the rights to create their own.

You info is seriously out of date. PDF is now (and has been for a long time) an open standard and Adobe doesn't collect any royalties on it...

Why Windows doesn't have a native PDF reader app is IMO because they would rather spam me each day to give "365"  a try or use their browser rather than give me a tool to view PDFs bundled with the OS, that is how I see it.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

1 minute ago, Biohazard777 said:

You info is seriously out of date. PDF is now (and has been for a long time) an open standard and Adobe doesn't collect any royalties on it...

Maybe

3 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Why Windows doesn't have a native PDF reader app is IMO because they would rather spam me each day to give "365"  a try or use their browser rather than give me a tool to view PDFs bundled with the OS, that is how I see it.

Laziness perhaps.

The 365 argument I fail to see how that has anything do with this.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

The 365 argument I fail to see how that has anything do with this.

Word

28 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Word can create and read pdf files but its not true pdf, word has to convert it first.

^ not a crypto wallet

2 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Word

k, care to get out crayons and draw me a picture? My comment and your argument are not the same.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

k, care to get out crayons and draw me a picture? My comment and your argument are not the same.

Sorry all out of crayons.
Since you wanna go that road, I'm gonna comment this as well

8 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Maybe

There is no maybe, your info is wrong, end of story.

^ not a crypto wallet

8 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Sorry all out of crayons.
Since you wanna go that road, I'm gonna comment this as well

There is no maybe, your info is wrong, end of story.

You seem to be in the mood to think I'm picking a fight for some reason so let me start over. The crayons was a dig at me.

Please elaborate as to why you think Microsoft wont do a proper pdf support and how it relates to 365 or word. Word does not support pdf natively it has to convert to and from pdf instead of creating and editing a pdf file format.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER