Damn you 'murica! (date related issue)

Marco Martinho

So... as an european, the date for me is:

Day/Month/Year (which is logical way :P )

But in countries like 'murica, they use Month/Day/Year

So, lessons aside... I want to know what day and month are shown as the release date

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132125

Since the site is from the american store... it should be 11th of may, right?

Damn... im confused! :blink:

As an American I don't understand why it is done that way in America. The European way seems much more logical because it goes in order

LOL

so annoying, same metric vs. imperial. imperial makes no goddamn sense at all and they know it, but nobody in the US feels like going through the work of finally switching over.

Because 'Murica.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

TQruzDC.png

I'll also use the metric system whenever prudent.  :unsure:

You dodged a bullet there. B)  **

a ninja takes his time :ph34r:

Details separate people.

It's opposite for US when it comes to things that seem common for Europeans. Considering the majority of the world uses metric and only a small handful of countries (3 if I recall correctly), yeah, I don't get it either.

My teaching explained it to me that the Amerian way should really go Year-Month-Day as you are getting more precise as you go forward, unlike the European way where you go less precise

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Everyone needs to follow the standards, both of the formats listed by the OP are wrong!

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/its.cfm

Should be YYYY-MM-DD, for date.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Should be YYYY-MM-DD, for date.

This is what I use, just saying.

COMIC SANS

l01.imperial_vs_metric++.png

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

l01.imperial_vs_metric++.png

Hah! I was waiting for someone to post that pic.

I'm sorry but the the temperature shit is a stupid argument.water doesn't make universe work, It's illogical. Fahrenheit is in no way inferior

I'm sorry but the the temperature shit is a stupid argument.water doesn't make universe work, It's illogical. Fahrenheit is in no way inferior

It's inferior through perception when tasked with the measurement of water. That we know water freezes at 32F and boils at 212F should tell you water is pretty important to us humans. Moving those points to 0 and 100 to be more inline with a decimal system makes logical sense. Does it make a good standard in a universal sense? Kelvin used it.

It's inferior through perception when tasked with the measurement of water. That we know water freezes at 32F and boils at 212F should tell you water is pretty important to us humans. Moving those points to 0 and 100 to be more inline with a decimal system makes logical sense. Does it make a good standard in a universal sense? Kelvin used it.

can you live a 100.c thought so

Am old School, I was brought up learning both systems, at School was taught the metric system but in the real world had to use the imperial system, its just they the real world works.

Cry Havoc!