do you keep boxes

Thebman712

yes i do.

and i cant really explain why,they are nice.

i appreciate good "box engineering"

• 4 months later...

I hate to necro a thread, but doing so is always better than making an identical thread which I was about to do, right  ;)  Search function FTW  :P

Anyway, I was going to ask the exact same thing, as I was grabbing something from the spare room earlier, I just realised that I'm a damned hoarder when it comes to keeping my boxes for components, besides those plain brown cardboard boxes of course. I suppose I keep them because I love how most component box art looks, and because I rarely sell off old parts anyway, they're good storage for old little parts. I'm kinda the same with games, like Slick I prefer to buy physical editions of games, more so with special editions (sorry Linus hehe) unless the digital version is substantially cheaper, so they also add to the clutter  :D

I'm just a pack rat, so for me, it extends to more than just boxes, I even keep the plastic sometimes...

It's Kay Jai, not Kuh Jai

I always keep the boxes. It is the only thing I can't throw away. I am a box messy pack rat. :)

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Yes because it helps when you are going to sell something

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Only through warranty.

DO U EVEN RECYCLE BRAH?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I keep all the little boxes inside the bigger boxes inside the case box. Matrioska like :)

I like keeping boxes also of non-tech products, shoe-boxes are an awesome form of storage... I just love boxes :D

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

Yes I do, for some inexplicable reason. I have a little bit of a pile in a corner in the back of my room, lol.

Generally yes, I tend to put the smaller boxes in the bigger boxes.

I keep all my boxes and throw them out after I've had them for 1-3 years :P 

Yeah I keep them all. Not really sure why. I guess I just like looking at the boxes every so often. 

post-124087-0-17968400-1410462845_thumb.

I didn't do it.

i have 4 case boxes full of boxes :P 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Yea of course bcs i like when i have box of some product  :)

I recommend if you can yes, because when ever I can I will, one day you might want to sell it and the value is higher with the original box, also if you need to return the item some shops won't except it back without the box.

Yeup. Been told i horde them?...

I keep them for warranty as well as possibly selling the item later on. Unfortunately said boxes take up a whole room...

Warranties and shit, and when those expire, I've forgotten about the boxes xD

I keep mine and hang them on the wall with thumb tacks. I also have an EVGA X58 FTW3 LGA 1366 MOBO on the wall too

I have a wall with stuff like the WAN show but it is much tidier

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I keep them so if something breaks I can still get it exchanged

You break it, you buy it.

I break it, I buy it, take it home, reverse engineer it, begin manufacture, sell the product and put the other company out of business.

Yes, of course. A couple of months later I like to look in there again to see if there's any goodies I've missed. I've gotten an ethernet cable out of doing that :D