do you keep boxes

Thebman712

I keep my boxes for everything. Even old game consoles that I may pick up if they have a box. Especially with old consoles, it can raise the resale value a large amount. And it is just nice to have a small shrine of your favourite boxes. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

In fact, I put it on a shelf to let people know how proud I am. Although nobody ever come to my room anyway, except my bro.

yes, for RMA or resale.

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

Yes, hopefully soon, my room will be like Linus old Wan show background with all the boxes that made me jealous.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

It doesn't even have to be tech stuff; I always want to keep the box of every single thing I buy. Just in case... And it looks nice too.

Afcourse i keep the boxes duh who doesent .. 20 people ok

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

just in case

in case of what you may ask

ill tell you

just in case

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

My parents are clean freaks so that would be a no.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

yes and the extra box around it and the ncix packing bubble wrap although some times i pop it to scare people

i decorate my room with them

Best decorations amirite?

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

*Relevant

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Yes because they are pretty and you can keep manuals and other pieces in it to not loose them.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

I'll keep it if it's a nice box I can re-use, otherwise I'll just get rid of it. I hate clutter...

I don't usually, they used to be handy for RMAing my things when they broke, but nowadays things mostly last their intended life-cycle.

I do if it's some SODIMM's or something, because the boxes are small. But I wouldn't keep the box of my chassis.

All this aside, always keep that motherboard box. It is handy as hell to store the board you're upgrading from in, or store those manuals and disks.

I have all the boxes for all my parts (except for ones bought second hand that didn't come with one) and even all the boxes for all the computers I've built for my friends. I have enough to make my own WAN show wall! I unfortunately don't have the space at the moment, when I move out I'll post pictures of my WAN show wall :)

I have a giant pile of boxes in my attic. I tend to keep them for anything that costs more than $100. I keep everything for a month just in case I need to return it. Everything else I keep for if I want to sell it in the future.

Plus I can make a huge box fort when I eventually go insane.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Yes, all of them.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Yup, keeping most of my boxes, for components, monitor and case.

Except for things like headphones, mice and what not...

Because if I need to RMA anything, I have the original box.

But, I throw the old boxes away once the warranty is over and done with, unless I believe I can resell the thing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I always keep the boxes for the things that don't break and i will bin the boxes which end up breaking.  :(

My Rig:

PS4

yes! In case of returns, resells, and transportation...+ when you have alot of nice tech that came in decent packaging, the boxes look pretty good all stacked together. :D