Dell U4919DW Lines appearing

Faeh

That looks grey and white to me so it could be a windows taskbar setting.  Have you tried a different OS?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:36 PM, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!
where did you buy it from?

eBay seller who has since disappeared.

20 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

That looks grey and white to me so it could be a windows taskbar setting.  Have you tried a different OS?

Happens with 0 source even connected.

Does it do it all the time or after a longer duration of use? Does it do it when you're in the test modes from the service menu?

This seems to work on *most* Dell monitors, maybe yours too.

34 minutes ago, Faeh said:

Happens with 0 source even connected.

Ouch.  You may have gotten burned then.  If it’s a monitor thing instead of an OS thing I’m a bit astounded gigabyte won’t accept an RMA.  The only thing I can think of that might be their reasoning is physical damage by the original seller.  Has gigabyte said as much?  What is their reasoning?  Did you buy through PayPal?

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

Does it do it all the time or after a longer duration of use? Does it do it when you're in the test modes from the service menu?

This seems to work on *most* Dell monitors, maybe yours too.

5 seconds after power on, the line intervals start.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Ouch.  You may have gotten burned then.  If it’s a monitor thing instead of an OS thing I’m a bit astounded gigabyte won’t accept an RMA.  The only thing I can think of that might be their reasoning is physical damage by the original seller.  Has gigabyte said as much?  What is their reasoning?  Did you buy through PayPal?

Unsure who's gigabyte you're chatting about haha. I didn't use paypal unfortunately, Dell has told me it was "warrantied previously" and won't be taken again.

How did the seller list it? As used working/open box or for parts/repair? If it was listed as used/working you probably have a shot with the ebay 'money back guarantee' since used working or open box should be functional besides cosmetic defects that don't impact it's function. That line most certainly impacts it's function. Open a case about it, if the seller never replies it defaults in your favor. If the seller does reply hopefully you can work out a refund or at least partial refund so you're not totally out.

Hope that helps!

13 minutes ago, Bitter said:

How did the seller list it? As used working or for parts/repair? If it was listed as used/working you probably have a shot with the ebay 'money back guarantee' since used working should be functional besides cosmetic defects that don't impact it's function. That line most certainly impacts it's function. Open a case about it, if the seller never replies it defaults in your favor. If the seller does reply hopefully you can work out a refund or at least partial refund so you're not totally out.

Unfortunately, I've already tried and was denied a refund, seller has dipped. Was sold as "new". Tried to use your video to get to the menu and my monitor is different, even dells website has incorrect information.

4 minutes ago, Faeh said:

Unfortunately, I've already tried and was denied a refund, seller has dipped. Was sold as "new". Tried to use your video to get to the menu and my monitor is different, even dells website has incorrect information.

I'm not clear why eBay would deny that, it's clearly not new. Did you try to escalate the case? How did you pay? You didn't pay 'off ebay' for the item did you??

4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'm not clear why eBay would deny that, it's clearly not new. Did you try to escalate the case? How did you pay? You didn't pay 'off ebay' for the item did you??

Paid via CC, I don't go off the site for payments haha. Tried to replace via Dell but according to them the monitor I have in hand was supposed to be sent back to them as they already sent out a replacement.

1 minute ago, Faeh said:

Paid via CC, I don't go off the site for payments haha. Tried to replace via Dell but according to them the monitor I have in hand was supposed to be sent back to them as they already sent out a replacement.

You need to dispute this with eBay since it wasn't as it was listed. It was listed as new but it was not new, you have proof of this directly from Dell in the warranty denial. Ebay's money back guarantee:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210#not-described

I don't have all the details but I fail to see why you're not eligible under that policy unless you've waited too long.

7 minutes ago, Bitter said:

You need to dispute this with eBay since it wasn't as it was listed. It was listed as new but it was not new, you have proof of this directly from Dell in the warranty denial. Ebay's money back guarantee:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210#not-described

I don't have all the details but I fail to see why you're not eligible under that policy unless you've waited too long.

Already tried and got denied. Just looking for possible fixes.

15 minutes ago, Faeh said:

Yeah, but why?  

14 minutes ago, Faeh said:

I'm curious why eBay denied the case? I would 100% look into appealing the issue.

As for repairing the monitor it's a crap shoot as to this being a controller board issue or a panel issue, I don't know enough about this to make a good suggestion beyond throwing parts at it and hoping. I guess you could open it up and look for any obvious damage to things inside but if you don't know what you're looking for you're likely to do more harm than good or you're just wasting your time. It may be a job for a professional.

3 hours ago, Faeh said:

Contact your CC source, you can probably get it solved through them. 

On 1/28/2023 at 4:50 PM, Faeh said:

eBay seller who has since disappeared.

Contact ebay and your payment method. You unfortunately got scammed. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

4 hours ago, OddOod said:

Contact ebay and your payment method. You unfortunately got scammed. 

I don't think we're getting the whole story here, they say ebay denied their claim but won't elaborate.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:20 AM, Bitter said:

I don't think we're getting the whole story here, they say ebay denied their claim but won't elaborate.

What do you want me to elaborate? I purchased off someone and got screwed over. Attempted resolution via ebay but it wasn't accepted. I have no idea how to appeal.

21 minutes ago, Faeh said:

What do you want me to elaborate? I purchased off someone and got screwed over. Attempted resolution via ebay but it wasn't accepted. I have no idea how to appeal.

That sounds like a hot potato nobody will want to pick up.  This is why I use PayPal.  They have a system to deal with stuff like this.  You were literally conned and stolen from. This is a criminal issue.  The manufacturer has tha address of the culprit and may technically own your monitor.  The original owner apparently rmaed his monitor but instead of sending the broken monitor back sold it to you.

This is a criminal offense that may be considered mail fraud.  As such it is the cops I would be talking to.

Edited by Bombastinator

29 minutes ago, Faeh said:

Why did eBay decline the money back protection case? You appeal it by googling how to appeal eBay claim lol bro we can't hold your hand.

If you did PayPal you talk to PayPal.  If you did something else you consult that body.  As of some years ago th ONLY way to assure yourself  of not getting totally screwed on eBay was to use PayPal.  There are a bunch of other systems now too that may work as well.  Or not. Western Union specifically does not.  If you western Unioned the money I’m surprised they even sent you something.  Even a brick.  They sent you broken stolen goods though, so there may be something or other they are trying to avoid.  Otherwise why even bother with the postage? 

Edited by Bombastinator