What is this noise?!

richodude
Go to solution Solved by HeroRareheart,
On 1/27/2023 at 4:01 AM, richodude said:

It could be the aio? There’s nothing else in that area that makes noise. When I start tilting it so that the top goes down, the noise stops and I hear some sort of liquid noi

Yeah sounds like the AIO has a problem. Speak to NZXT about it and see if they have any advice or can offer you a replacement.

This noise just started today when the last time I used my pc was yesterday. It hangs on my wall all day so nothing bumped it. It sounds almost exactly like the fan rubbing a cable but the sound immediately stops when I turn off my computer and the fans still have residual speed. It sounds like it’s coming from the top part. What is it?!

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

It could be the pump on the AIO, try unplugging the AIO pump and powering it on.

The CPU will be fine as you do this, worst case you leave it on for a few minutes and it quietly turns itself off if it gets to hot.

@richodude fyi you can embed videos in your posts this make it easier to view without the need to download.

And your link is broken.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, HeroRareheart said:

It could be the pump on the AIO, try unplugging the AIO pump and powering it on.

The CPU will be fine as you do this, worst case you leave it on for a few minutes and it quietly turns itself off if it gets to hot.

It could be the aio? There’s nothing else in that area that makes noise. When I start tilting it so that the top goes down, the noise stops and I hear some sort of liquid noise which is inaudible in the video. Nothing changes when I stop the fan with my finger. Supposing it is the aio, do I just contact nzxt and see if I have a warranty? Case confines can’t fit an air cooler and the aio tube has to be minimum 35cm 

Sorry if video doesn’t work I have no clue what I’m doing on mobile 😬

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

On 1/27/2023 at 4:01 AM, richodude said:

It could be the aio? There’s nothing else in that area that makes noise. When I start tilting it so that the top goes down, the noise stops and I hear some sort of liquid noi

Yeah sounds like the AIO has a problem. Speak to NZXT about it and see if they have any advice or can offer you a replacement.