Processes of Selling old network switch

liam010

Hi all.

The business I work for updated their local network and gave me all the old network switches. Is there anything i need to do before i resell them so that nothing work sensative is unintentionally released.

Many thanks

is it a managed or unmanaged switch? if it's unmanaged then you can just sell it or whatever. If it's managed, connect it to your computer and log in to see if you can reset it before selling.

Hi

Just one thing factory reset them so it clears all the info.

If it unmanaged your fine you can sell them as is.

If it password protected you might need to ask the company for the password. 

Yep You want to disable the security for that switches or write it down and give it to next person and also reset it (if you reset the UN and password will be in the manual so you dont have to the first step 🙂 you could give them the password and username from the manual if you have it but they prob can figure out it themselfs) 

If is unmanaged you dont have to do anything other than making sure it works

1 hour ago, liam010 said:

Hi all.

The business I work for updated their local network and gave me all the old network switches. Is there anything i need to do before i resell them so that nothing work sensative is unintentionally released.

Many thanks

What kind of switches is it? Managed or unmanaged?

most managed switches have a procedure to restore them to factory settings, you'll probably find the details in the manual for the switch.

having that said.. if it's not something with 10gig ports or any other fancy features... expect it to be worth the cost of shipping it.

Larger used switches that are PoE are worth money on the used market. Even if not managed.