How many exhaust fans?

So I just set up an arctic freezer ii 240 in the top of the front of my case that is the silverstone rl06 redline. The front had 3 fans that I changed to to arctic p12 argb fans, and then also put 2 more fans on the other side of the radiator for a push pull configuration. So now I have 5 intake fans in total in the front of the case. I also changed the rear fan for the same type of fan.

my question is then, is the 1 rear exhaust fan enough when I have that many intake fans? Or does it not matter when it is liquid cooling on the cpu anyway? Or should I have 1 more exhaust fan in the top rear side of the case? 

Thanks for any advice 🙂

You're going to have positive pressure in your case. Trough every crack, air will be pushed out. This is good, if you're in a dusty room. (dust is unlikely to penetrate the system)

Also, if you'd put all your intake fans at 10%, while having the single exhaust fan @ 100%, you might even still create a low pressure environment in your case.

4 hours ago, Budget DIY said:

You're going to have positive pressure in your case. Trough every crack, air will be pushed out. This is good, if you're in a dusty room. (dust is unlikely to penetrate the system)

Also, if you'd put all your intake fans at 10%, while having the single exhaust fan @ 100%, you might even still create a low pressure environment in your case.

dust will still penetrate the system just not thow the cracks... and that's if only if you can build enough presher.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

16 hours ago, Budget DIY said:

Okay. So 1 exhaust fan for 5 intakes is fine? Don’t know if it counts as 5 though when 4 is used as pull/push config on the radiator, but still gives more air than If it was just 3 fans 🙂

9 minutes ago, Budget DIY said:

Your PC won't blow up because of your intended layout.

Haha no, but I mean. Would it be better/worse to have more exhaust fans? 😄

Just now, MadsAndersen2500 said:

It all depends on intended airflow/where the air should go. What needs more cooling. What's acceptable to you. (temps and noise) Fan speeds and fan curves. If you demand moar RGB or not.

If temps become an issue, you can always ad in more. If you feel like it's too noisy, you can slow down the fans. And if the temps then rise, you might need more fans. It's all a balance of things, and personal requirements. I don't see any major initial issues with your current intended layout.

(also, depending on PSU placement, that might actually be a second exhaust fan)

Sidenote: there are also cases with LOADS of fans. But those fans might have a glass front panel less then 1 cm from those fans. Those fans will struggle to get any fresh air into the case. Temps in such a case are very likely high, and unacceptable to many people. But it won't burn down the hardware. There are supposed to be protections against such behavior.

53 minutes ago, MadsAndersen2500 said:

Depends on specs and how much heat needs to be removed.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

rads is best to intake but will incress temps on other things.  if its a cpu and gpu loop then intake will just make the vrms hotter and the pcb but temps should be fine. the best is ot intake and exhaust out side the case with out it mixing with the rest of the system but thows case cost alot. this ces there new case but most likely costly.  if your exhaust then you want the same amount of fans intake.

i should read the post first haha push pull dose not push more air it just make it better but at a hi cost for low preformace. thicker rads might need to do push pull thow. but that just depends on fan and fan rpm and how much static perisher they have. the artic fans say they good good for that but no way to test so...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links