Side panel broke I need fast and permanent replacement

Zastonish
Go to solution Solved by Middcore,

Unless you have pets or small children in your home who could be endangered by sticking their noses/paws/fingers inside the PC, I would simply do without the side panel and dust the system out more often. 

The simplest "fix" you could probably make if your goal is only to keep "stuff" (dust, child fingers, etc.) out of the PC is just stretching long strips of duct tape across the open side of the case. 

This, or any other "no cost" solution is of course going to look janky as hell, and also probably be a serious annoyance if and when you need to remove the "side panel" to work on the PC. 

I need a substitute that won't make me spend money and it shouldn't give me problems like static or more dust

54 minutes ago, Zastonish said:

I need a substitute that won't make me spend money and it shouldn't give me problems like static or more dust

what is the case and can we have some imagaes of the broken piece

59 minutes ago, Zastonish said:

Used cardboard & some duct tapes.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Rubbing my fingers together I find that it is somewhat difficult deciding exactly what you need because we have exactly no details on what it is that is broken.  How about a better description of the broken part, what it is, where it goes, system specs, and some pictures, etc.  Good Luck.

57 minutes ago, Zastonish said:

Yeah so uh, we gonna need to know what computer case at the very least. However, if you're strapped for cash, cardboard and tape is probably the cheapest option.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 hours ago, kirashi said:

Yeah so uh, we gonna need to know what computer case at the very least. However, if you're strapped for cash, cardboard and tape is probably the cheapest option.

I was in such a hurry I forgot about the details sorry about that. Here it is sorry for the late replies

3 hours ago, Zastonish said:

I was in such a hurry I forgot about the details sorry about that. Here it is sorry for the late replies

That website blocked my IP so idk what it shows.

For most if not all cases, there is various materials you can use as replacement for a side panel, but if you don't want to spend money then most likely you can only rely on things around you that you can use for free and your DIY-ing skill.

Example : Cardboard is less permanent solution than acrylic or metal, but you only need a scissor & some tapes. Sheet metal need a proper tool to cut it to shape, like angle grinder. Acrylic, depending on the thickness need either an acrylic cutter or a hacksaw / band saw.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

17 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

That website blocked my IP so idk what it shows.

For most if not all cases, there is various materials you can use as replacement for a side panel, but if you don't want to spend money then most likely you can only rely on things around you that you can use for free and your DIY-ing skill.

Example : Cardboard is less permanent solution than acrylic or metal, but you only need a scissor & some tapes. Sheet metal need a proper tool to cut it to shape, like angle grinder. Acrylic, depending on the thickness need either an acrylic cutter or a hacksaw / band saw.

It's a YGT B700 a 20 dollar case but I really don't want to make e-waste is wood good? Or carboarding now and then is fine?

Unless you have pets or small children in your home who could be endangered by sticking their noses/paws/fingers inside the PC, I would simply do without the side panel and dust the system out more often. 

The simplest "fix" you could probably make if your goal is only to keep "stuff" (dust, child fingers, etc.) out of the PC is just stretching long strips of duct tape across the open side of the case. 

This, or any other "no cost" solution is of course going to look janky as hell, and also probably be a serious annoyance if and when you need to remove the "side panel" to work on the PC. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7 hours ago, Middcore said:

I have a very "Nosey" dog and a kid who likes to get dirty in the same house so I guess cardboard covered in ducktape will be my friend guess I have to paint it black