Second New HDD Occasional Buzzing Noise

So I just got this new 4tb WD Blue HDD from their Amazon Store. This is technically the second one now as the first started making a brief, rhythmic grinding noise while copying my files to it. This replacement just made a similar, more of a buzz-like sound for a few seconds. I'm used to drives being louder when writing data to them, but so far these drives are ultra quiet, so the buzz is very obvious if it happens. I'm copying 1.86tb to it when this sound happens so I'm wondering if since this drive is abnormally quiet, is this a normal amount of noise on occasion while copying or is this possibly the second HDD they've sent that's a fail? (The rhythmic part is what's making me uneasy really.)

41 minutes ago, RosieDreams said:

So I just got this new 4tb WD Blue HDD from their Amazon Store. This is technically the second one now as the first started making a brief, rhythmic grinding noise while copying my files to it. This replacement just made a similar, more of a buzz-like sound for a few seconds. I'm used to drives being louder when writing data to them, but so far these drives are ultra quiet, so the buzz is very obvious if it happens. I'm copying 1.86tb to it when this sound happens so I'm wondering if since this drive is abnormally quiet, is this a normal amount of noise on occasion while copying or is this possibly the second HDD they've sent that's a fail? (The rhythmic part is what's making me uneasy really.)

For one thing... I wouldn't trust HDDs from Amazon knowing how little car is put into handling items because of the volume their staff are pushed to deliver. But HDDs are still audible when reading and writing data. It's just the nature of something spinning at 5400 - 7200 RPM with a read head moving back and forth. We'll probably never get to a point where HDD noises can be completely un-noticeable.  

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

44 minutes ago, RosieDreams said:

(The rhythmic part is what's making me uneasy really.)

How is this mounted in your case? Are you sure it's not just vibrating in your case? I've gotten to wear by default I use double sided tape (only peeling one side of the tape, so it only sticks on one side) to shim hard drive trays so they fit tighter. The foam tape soaks up / dampens vibrations and helps prevents noises. Otherwise you can get some weird noises if they are loose fitting. 

8 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

For one thing... I wouldn't trust HDDs from Amazon knowing how little car is put into handling items because of the volume their staff are pushed to deliver. But HDDs are still audible when reading and writing data. It's just the nature of something spinning at 5400 - 7200 RPM with a read head moving back and forth. We'll probably never get to a point where HDD noises can be completely un-noticeable.  

This is the sound it's making. It has happened three times so far. Twice while copying that 1.86tb of data to it, and once randomly when I opened a folder on it. It's been lasting around 15 sec each time. CrystalDiskInfo says it's good, as does the WD Dashboard app. But this sound has never happened on a healthy HDD I've owned. It wasn't exactly packaged well (both drives have been in a small box, in a ESD proof bag, with two plastic wedges holding the drive suspended. So getting knocked around by Amazon certainly could be the cause. I checked and Amazon is listed as the seller, I also checked WDs site with my drives serial number and it luckily does have the full 2 year warranty. I'm running the WD Dashboards Extended Diagnostic test right now, so we'll see what that says as well.

8 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

How is this mounted in your case? Are you sure it's not just vibrating in your case? I've gotten to wear by default I use double sided tape (only peeling one side of the tape, so it only sticks on one side) to shim hard drive trays so they fit tighter. The foam tape soaks up / dampens vibrations and helps prevents noises. Otherwise you can get some weird noises if they are loose fitting. 

It's just mounted with a standard Drive bay and blue, plastic drive tray. My PC is an Optiplex converted to a gaming/Emulation PC, so it's the standard Dell HDD Bay. I've had a few HDDs in that bay before now and none have made this kind of noise under any circumstance.