First Page Post Limit?

rcmaehl

This is a casual suggestion for a rule that I don't think can be automatically enforced and probably won't need to be unless someone's being malicious about it. Perhaps limit how many topics a person can have on page 1 of a forum section (e.g. tech news) at a time. With each page only being 20 posts, even 3 posts is 15% of the total posts on that page and I've intentionally limited myself to that before because I didn't want to be overwhelming or annoying. I feel like this would help prevent people from dominating a specific category.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

If threads are following guidelines and subjects are interesting, does it matter? I would assume that this is only Tech News issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

If threads are following guidelines and subjects are interesting, does it matter? I would assume that this is only Tech News issue.

Probably not but it's just one of those things I wasn't sure about socially being ASD and all.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

4 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Probably not but it's just one of those things I wasn't sure about socially being ASD and all.

As one who post a lot of tech news I'd modify this suggestion.  Appoint a moderator who feels like it to edit and approve the tech news.  That way someone can be assured at least two people felt it belonged.  Otherwise write more extensive and clearer guidelines.   Make it harder to be complying and also post there.  As long as any such rules are enforced in a fair and transparent manner.  

That would be a lot of work to ask from both moderators and users for the salary of $0 and the price of free.  Perhaps reminding people of that would make a lot of issues lesser. 🙂 

TLDR either be more strict about news or relax and remind people to relax. 

21 hours ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Appoint a moderator who feels like it to edit and approve the tech news. 

Unfortunately, this would be a bit of Moderator overreach, and a paid position would be out of the question. We would have to rely on a current or future LMG employee position to do that rather than from the moderation team which is made up of all volunters doing this on our own personal time. Regardless, the spirit of TN is more of a reporting the current issues that have been reported on so we can discuss and comment on amongst the community, not creating news that has yet to make it mainstream; doing so would place the "news" item into a kind of speculation, rumor sort of place.

On second thought, we don't want to take away from LTT Labs in any way by generating news not yet reported on in the mainstream as we can in a Sidways way become a independent news source and that would effectively change the spirit of the TN section. <- IMO.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER