NVIDIA Confidential Pop-up

Armok_Tiny
Go to solution Solved by Proud Cipher,
3 minutes ago, Armok_Tiny said:

That system builder, ADMI, might be sourcing their GPUs weirdly. You might want to bring this up with them. You might need to exchange that GPU with another from their inventory, or alternatively they'll know how this has happened and tell you how to remove the watermark.

Hello,

I have just had a new PC and admittedly know next to nothing about PC parts and specs and everything that goes with that.

My new PC has an RTX 4070 TI Graphics Card, and this is all I had to put in the PC upon delivery. This is now done and it seems to work completely fine, however upon starting my PC up I know have red text in the bottom right hand corner of my screen saying “NVIDIA Confidential” followed by random numbers and letters.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this red text? I have installed the drivers as instructed since turning the PC on but the text has not disappeared.

Any advice is much appreciated,

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Armok_Tiny said:

Hello,

I have just had a new PC and admittedly know next to nothing about PC parts and specs and everything that goes with that.

My new PC has an RTX 4070 TI Graphics Card, and this is all I had to put in the PC upon delivery. This is now done and it seems to work completely fine, however upon starting my PC up I know have red text in the bottom right hand corner of my screen saying “NVIDIA Confidential” followed by random numbers and letters.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this red text? I have installed the drivers as instructed since turning the PC on but the text has not disappeared.

Thanks!

That's very bizarre. If I didn't know any better I'd say that GPU was an internal engineering sample or something. How did you get the graphics card?

Don't forget to mark posts as the solution if you're satisfied!

1 minute ago, Proud Cipher said:

That's very bizarre. If I didn't know any better I'd say that GPU was an internal engineering sample or something. How did you get the graphics card?

I ordered my PC online via Amazon. I am happy to provide the link but I am new to this site and I don’t know if that is allowed, as I know some forums don’t like you posting links. Please let me know 🙂

Just now, Armok_Tiny said:

I ordered my PC online via Amazon. I am happy to provide the link but I am new to this site and I don’t know if that is allowed, as I know some forums don’t like you posting links. Please let me know 🙂

No, please do. Post that link because this is a really weird one!

3 minutes ago, Armok_Tiny said:

That system builder, ADMI, might be sourcing their GPUs weirdly. You might want to bring this up with them. You might need to exchange that GPU with another from their inventory, or alternatively they'll know how this has happened and tell you how to remove the watermark.

Just now, Proud Cipher said:

I will contact them and chase it up then. Thank you for your advice!

1 minute ago, Armok_Tiny said:

Sorry I can't tell you anything more than that. I tried to google for other instances of this happening and I came up dry. I wasn't kidding when I said it was weird! Best of luck to you mate.

7 minutes ago, Armok_Tiny said:

If you're satisfied with that, please mark it as the solution! It helps me out 🙂

47 minutes ago, Armok_Tiny said:

Hello,

Thanks!

Confidential GPU might @LinusTech or Steve (GamerNexus) be intrested in that 

I'll buy it off you if it actually does this. Email me at linustechtips@gmail.com and I'll get my guys to do some due diligence and we'll take it off your hands with some extra so you can pick up something non ES. 

I agree because of administartive privilages are right.

I edit my posts more often than not

20 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I'll buy it off you if it actually does this. Email me at linustechtips@gmail.com and I'll get my guys to do some due diligence and we'll take it off your hands with some extra so you can pick up something non ES. 

Hey Linus,

I am trying to troubleshoot the issue right now, but I am not against this idea. It already seems like I need to record evidence of this happening to send to support, so I am happy to send you evidence of it too.

I am mainly worried about my warranty by sending you the part right now, there’s a lot of money on the line for me and I don’t know if sending you my current graphics card and buying new will void this warranty. I will need to wait and see what support say to me via the seller I bought my PC from. It wouldn’t be fair to reply to them now saying that I have sent it to you, as I would have essentially wasted their time by getting them to take a look for me in the first place, but you would hopefully be able to crack the issue behind this so I’m not saying no entirely.

I graciously thank you for the offer of doing this, and if the opportunity arises where it cannot be fixed then I will chase up the warranty question and get back to you with the reply on that.

If you would like evidence of this taking place in image, video or another format, then please let me know as I am more than happy to provide you with this.

Thanks again!

P.S. For context, I am 90% the issue is Graphics Card related but not certain.

Edited by Armok_Tiny

40 minutes ago, Armok_Tiny said:

Hey Linus,

I am trying to troubleshoot the issue right now, but I am not against this idea. It already seems like I need to record evidence of this happening to send to support, so I am happy to send you evidence of it too.

I am mainly worried about my warranty by sending you the part right now, there’s a lot of money on the line for me and I don’t know if sending you my current graphics card and buying new will void this warranty. I will need to wait and see what support say to me via the seller I bought my PC from. It wouldn’t be fair to reply to them now saying that I have sent it to you, as I would have essentially wasted their time by getting them to take a look for me in the first place, but you would hopefully be able to crack the issue behind this so I’m not saying no entirely.

I graciously thank you for the offer of doing this, and if the opportunity arises where it cannot be fixed then I will chase up the warranty question and get back to you with the reply on that.

If you would like evidence of this taking place in image, video or another format, then please let me know as I am more than happy to provide you with this.

Thanks again!

I understand this doesn’t look the most professional (I’m at work, so can’t get a better screenshot currently), but I did try running a game on this PC which worked fine but the “error message” as I call it is still there.

I sent my friend this screenshot.

If you zoom in on the bottom right hand side of this image, then you can see the full thing. I initially wasn’t gonna send this in case it contains private info to me, but I’ve since had the realisation that it’s a new PC and I have no proper info of mine on it yet anyway, meaning is probably related to the PC itself.

Feel free to take a look and see what you can discover. Oh, and the game is Rimworld (Colony-Sim game) if anyone is interested!

9B8CF083-8D31-4236-9B8E-8BC8D722A41F.png

Edited by Armok_Tiny

2 hours ago, Armok_Tiny said:

Hey Linus,

Thanks again!

You don't need a warranty. You would take the money I send you and buy a completely different GPU with a new warranty.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 10:17 AM, Armok_Tiny said:

I understand this doesn’t look the most professional (I’m at work, so can’t get a better screenshot currently), but I did try running a game on this PC which worked fine but the “error message” as I call it is still there.

I sent my friend this screenshot.

If you zoom in on the bottom right hand side of this image, then you can see the full thing. I initially wasn’t gonna send this in case it contains private info to me, but I’ve since had the realisation that it’s a new PC and I have no proper info of mine on it yet anyway, meaning is probably related to the PC itself.

Feel free to take a look and see what you can discover. Oh, and the game is Rimworld (Colony-Sim game) if anyone is interested!

9B8CF083-8D31-4236-9B8E-8BC8D722A41F.png

Did you ever figure this out? It seems bizarre

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue - did you ever find a solution? Brand new dell M18 r1 with Nuvidia 4090 The red text does not appear on the laptop monitor but is on both external monitors which are hooked up via a Thunderbolt dock.

It does not show up when taking a screen shot but is on the monitors

9 hours ago, TFD said:

I am having the same issue - did you ever find a solution? Brand new dell M18 r1 with Nuvidia 4090 The red text does not appear on the laptop monitor but is on both external monitors which are hooked up via a Thunderbolt dock.

It does not show up when taking a screen shot but is on the monitors

I having this issue with the M16 4090 too, I was okay the first day, then I have this issue on the second day

Guys it seems like I fixed the problem, I updated the nvidia drive and it disappeared.

Can confirm: drive update fixes this

On 3/23/2023 at 6:48 AM, ShenZZZ said:

Guys it seems like I fixed the problem, I updated the nvidia drive and it disappeared.

imma try this