Help me choose a 24" 1080p 144/165HZ monitor from among 8 monitors

Telgou

Hello, i am looking to buy a monitor for gaming (and web browsing) and i have come across these available ones. Which one should i choose ? any advice is welcome, thanks.

Listed from cheapest to most expensive (~26$ difference between the first 187$ and last 213$)

I think the best choice is to just get the Gigabyte one since it has an IPS panel ?

LG 24GN53A-B | 24" | 144Hz TN

Asus VG247Q1A | 24" | 165Hz| VA

MSI G24C6 | 24" | 144Hz| Curved VA

ASUS TUF VG24VQE | 24" | 165Hz| Curved VA

BenQ Zowie XL2411K | 24" | 144Hz TN

Gigabyte G24F |24" | 165Hz IPS

ASUS TUF VG248Q1B |24" | 165Hz TN?

AOC C24G2 CURVED | 24" | 165Hz| Curved VA

Can't speak to the other brands, but I had a similar Asus TUF gaming monitor for a while. It was 144Hz IPS. I actually really liked it. I think this is it: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-tuf-23-8-ips-fhd-144hz-1ms-freesync-gaming-monitor-with-height-adjustable-displayport-hdmi-black/6395359.p?skuId=6395359&ref=NS&loc=101 I don't know what your budget is, but maybe you can find that monitor somewhere else for cheaper, because I think the $270 is MSRP without a sale on this site. Maybe it'll go on sale sometime. 

This is just my opinion, but for me, it's IPS or bust. VN panels are a bit more vibrant and color-accurate, especially if you have a gamer cave and like to play in the dark. But IPS has much, much better viewing angles (this is why a lot of those Odyssey G5/7s are curved), and I find it a lot easier on my eyes after longer sessions at my computer. IPS response times are very good now, so the VN edge is kinda kicked by that too. 

I've never heard a single good thing about TN panels besides them being cheap as dirt, so I avoid them like the plague. owo

As for your proposed refresh rates of 144 and 165, I doubt most people can tell the difference between the two. Just grab whichever one you see first with the other specs that you want. 

You really want to have a 1ms screen. More than that and it'll be super blurry when moving around. Depending on what you like:

TN
Often fast response time (1ms), poor color, good contrast, cheap pricing

VA
Poor response time (4-5ms), good colors, great contrast, medium pricing

IPS

Ok response time (1-2ms, LG are 1ms, not many other brands are), great color, good contrast, pricey.

I went with an IPS LG monitor because I love accurate colors and great response rate. That Gigabyte one is interesting. Not sure if you really need 165hz compare to 144hz if price is an issue.

Also, if you're going for 144 and 165hz, why not look for 1440p?

4 hours ago, Cat Graphic said:

You really want to have a 1ms screen. More than that and it'll be super blurry when moving around. Depending on what you like:

TN
Often fast response time (1ms), poor color, good contrast, cheap pricing

VA
Poor response time (4-5ms), good colors, great contrast, medium pricing

IPS

Ok response time (1-2ms, LG are 1ms, not many other brands are), great color, good contrast, pricey.

I went with an IPS LG monitor because I love accurate colors and great response rate. That Gigabyte one is interesting. Not sure if you really need 165hz compare to 144hz if price is an issue.

Also, if you're going for 144 and 165hz, why not look for 1440p?

Thanks for the advice.

There is an LG 27GN600 (144Hz 27" 1080p IPS) i have found, and seems like it's a nice monitor.

As for 1440p, there is barely a selection of monitors to choose from in the stores in my country. There is no 24" 1440p at all while the 27" 1440p start at 360$...

5 hours ago, MicrowaveGaming said:

Can't speak to the other brands, but I had a similar Asus TUF gaming monitor for a while. It was 144Hz IPS. I actually really liked it. I think this is it: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-tuf-23-8-ips-fhd-144hz-1ms-freesync-gaming-monitor-with-height-adjustable-displayport-hdmi-black/6395359.p?skuId=6395359&ref=NS&loc=101 I don't know what your budget is, but maybe you can find that monitor somewhere else for cheaper, because I think the $270 is MSRP without a sale on this site. Maybe it'll go on sale sometime. 

This is just my opinion, but for me, it's IPS or bust. VN panels are a bit more vibrant and color-accurate, especially if you have a gamer cave and like to play in the dark. But IPS has much, much better viewing angles (this is why a lot of those Odyssey G5/7s are curved), and I find it a lot easier on my eyes after longer sessions at my computer. IPS response times are very good now, so the VN edge is kinda kicked by that too. 

I've never heard a single good thing about TN panels besides them being cheap as dirt, so I avoid them like the plague. owo

As for your proposed refresh rates of 144 and 165, I doubt most people can tell the difference between the two. Just grab whichever one you see first with the other specs that you want. 

Yeah i guess my best course of action is to just get the gigabyte since it has an IPS panel and the few reviews it has praised it.

But honestly i was really intrigued by the curved monitors idea.

There are other IPS monitors i have found but they are 1080p 27" ones.