Plugged my 24 pin connector in while PSU was on

Austin-7893

to sum this up quickly for people who don't want to read all of this I was creating a pc when I put in the 24 pin connector while the PSU was on, will this cause any issues? Hey so I have recently built a system when setting it up I was connecting all of the cables onto the motherboard. at this point the CPU, the ram and the SSD have been plugged in and installed. when plugging in the 24 pin connector I realized that the PSU switch was on. at this point I got worried and switched the power supply off and unplugged it. I then plugged in the 8 pin CPU connector, waited around 30 seconds then plugged the PSU back into the wall outlet and flipped the switch. It them booted normally after that. soon after I tried booting the system but the system wouldn't turn on. after a couple of resets it turned on and now functions normally from what I can see. Just wondering if by me doing this I unknowingly fried any of the components and wondering if I should return them and switch them out   

(ASUS B650-PLUS TUF GAMING WIFI ATX AM5)(Ryzen 7700x)(samsung 970 evo nvme)(corsair 850 watt power supply) 

3 minutes ago, Austin-7893 said:

to sum this up quickly for people who don't want to read all of this I was creating a pc when I put in the 24 pin connector while the PSU was on, will this cause any issues? Hey so I have recently built a system when setting it up I was connecting all of the cables onto the motherboard. at this point the CPU, the ram and the SSD have been plugged in and installed. when plugging in the 24 pin connector I realized that the PSU switch was on. at this point I got worried and switched the power supply off and unplugged it. I then plugged in the 8 pin CPU connector, waited around 30 seconds then plugged the PSU back into the wall outlet and flipped the switch. It them booted normally after that. soon after I tried booting the system but the system wouldn't turn on. after a couple of resets it turned on and now functions normally from what I can see. Just wondering if by me doing this I unknowingly fried any of the components and wondering if I should return them and switch them out   

(ASUS B650-PLUS TUF GAMING WIFI ATX AM5)(Ryzen 7700x)(samsung 970 evo nvme)(corsair 850 watt power supply) 

If it is running fine, then you are OK. Fried components rarely, if ever, come back to life.

You just don't mean "on" I'm assuming? I'm assuming you mean plugged into power with the switch on. (Since the 24 pin plug is what turns the PSU "on")  It's fine. Actually using a plugged in a PSU can keep you grounded, to prevent shocking things while building your PC. So it used to be what some people used / recommended doing.

When the psu's on switch is on, there's only a small part of the power supply functioning, the one which produces 5v stand-by for the chipset/bios on motherboard. 

Basically, plugging the 24 pin connector while the psu switch was set to on, is kind of like the equivalent to plugging your phone charger's cable into the phone. It's a non-event. 

Only when the motherboard sends a signal to the power supply, then the power supply starts completely.

Yep - As long as the board works, no harm done.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.