Samsung G8 OLED

Eiziv

Hey. 

I just bought the G8 and Im not really impressed. Dont get me wrong, it looks awesome, but it feels like I have a ton of inputlag! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try?

I saw that but cant find any way to downgrade the firmware.

Also, enabling G-sync should add latency, not reduce it. Right?

Also. Can I measure my inputlag anywhere? Im just not sure if its actually something wrong/wrong setting or if im just not used to it and expected way more for how expensive it is

Can anyone please help? Feels really bad having a monitor in this price class not knowing if it works as intended or not 😕

If anyone knows what settings Linus was using in the video

I imagine it would be very difficult to downgrade your firmware if its already updated you may just have to wait for samsung to release new firmware with a fix or go through the same return process the reddit poster went through even though there would be no guarantee you would get a replacement with the older firmware.

I agree. I just talked to Samsung and they seem clueless. He was like "You have to have a AMD graphicscard for the best latency"

My God, since when does monitors have firmwares?? And lol at this:

4 hours ago, Eiziv said:

I agree. I just talked to Samsung and they seem clueless. He was like "You have to have a AMD graphicscard for the best latency"

For real, the fuck is wrong with Scamsung? Been waiting for QD-OLED 16:9 but all they do is releasing ultrawide/curved monitors and nothing else.

Can't you return it? For that shitty service I would return it and get something else.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I guess I could return it but I love the idea of this monitor. On paper its amazing

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2023 at 10:02 PM, Shimejii said:

Check that post out and see if what he did fixes it for you 😛 

What Post ?

I've a Oled G8 and i want know if i can lower the input lag

Thanks