Looking for the best way to get Windows 11 working on my older system.

Rhestyn

Hi all, I currently have https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jxkCnt i7-4790K and H97-Plus being the most relevant pieces.

I want to get windows 11 working but have had some issues. I managed to get the CPU warning to go away when trying to manually install windows 11 from the iso but the TPM warning will not go away due to the motherboard not having TPM at all. I tried regedit's and updating the bios.

I saw there were TPM modules and the board does have that header but I cant get a definitive answer on whether or not that would let windows 11 install. I looked for motherboards as well but the LGA1150 socket is old enough that a motherboard made for that socket likely wont support TPM. So worst case scenario I would need a motherboard and CPU I think. Really just looking for the cheapest way to get windows 11 installed. Any help appreciated.

Just download the latest windows 11 iso and use Rufus to create your bootable USB device. It asks you what you want to disable.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d92ccce481c961911a2cf6d100a627d0.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 hours ago, Rhestyn said:

Hi all, I currently have https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jxkCnt i7-4790K and H97-Plus being the most relevant pieces.

I want to get windows 11 working but have had some issues. I managed to get the CPU warning to go away when trying to manually install windows 11 from the iso but the TPM warning will not go away due to the motherboard not having TPM at all. I tried regedit's and updating the bios.

I saw there were TPM modules and the board does have that header but I cant get a definitive answer on whether or not that would let windows 11 install. I looked for motherboards as well but the LGA1150 socket is old enough that a motherboard made for that socket likely wont support TPM. So worst case scenario I would need a motherboard and CPU I think. Really just looking for the cheapest way to get windows 11 installed. Any help appreciated.

You can use multiple tools like Rufus, Etcher, etc to create a bootable USB and remove the requirements. There are other ways around it too, but keep in mind, this will be a very unsupported config. You may run into issues especially with Windows updates, and getting any form of official support if needed. I don't recommend this unless you're very accepting of the risk.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section