Battlefield 3 Servers down

Keystone Nyan Cat

For the past couple of days, Battlefield has not been working for many people who have recieved this error when trying to connect to a game-

You were disconnected from EA Online (1)

EA has published this on Battlelog-

Despite our security measures, we have been working around the clock to mitigate the impact of an ongoing denial-of-service attack on our Battlefield 3 game infrastructure over the last several days. While the motives are unclear, the focus of the attack has been interference with network communications preventing access to multiplayer gameplay. At this point, no user data is involved. We share your frustration about the impact this has had to our service and the ability for many of you to play Battlefield 3. We are working tirelessly to mitigate the problem. As a part of our efforts to resolve these issues, we’ve conducted rolling restarts of Battlefield infrastructure servers to apply some updates. Thank you for your patience and support while we work to get everyone back and playing Battlefield 3 as soon as possible. More updates to come. /DICE Team

Source- Battlelog, EA http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654490260590393/

Just as an update to this- Dice seems to have fixed the problem and have posted this on Battelog-

The online-access situation related to the denial-of-service attacks has been stabilized. The DICE team is continuing to keep a close eye on malicious activity and will continue to make adjustments as needed. In the meantime, we’re happy to announce the rescheduled dates for the BF3 double XP event! The new dates are May 23-27 with a total event running time of 96 hours. Thank you for your patience! /DICE Team

PC in Profile

Of course EA gets ddosed  :lol:  , but in all seriousness this kind of sucks I guess no more bf3 tonight

01100011011011110110110101110000011101010111010001100101011100100110011001100001011011100011010100110101

For the past couple of days, Battlefield has not been working for many people who have recieved this error when trying to connect to a game-

EA has published this on Battlelog-

Source- Battlelog

oh god that must be a massive ddos. can only imagine the bandwidth the attacker is using up.

oh god that must be a massive ddos. can only imagine the bandwidth the attacker is using up.

It might not take that much bandwidth because their servers are probably very small because they are probably almost bankrupt with all the troubles that they had.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yesterday I found when first joining a server, it would instantly disconnect me from EA Online but after pressing reconnect, it worked flawlessly for the rest of the time I played, so they seem to be sorting it out

Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Corsair H100i V2 | MSI GD65-Z77A | NZXT Tempest 410 Elite | MSI 1080Ti Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @ 1600Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair RM650x

I've found that it has progressively gotten worse over the past few days, to the point where I now can't play multiplayer at all as I'm disconnected before the game even loads. Confuses me when I see nearly full servers... really unfortunate though as it's the only game I'm playing currently. 

I was getting ready for Double XP weekend and look what happend.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

oh yes, double XP! I'm in the same boat as Adamz. so I'm gonna be okay.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I'v been disconnecting for weeks.. Thanks EA for your shithouse service :)

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

Origin is amazing....No i hate it only reason i have it is because of BF3 and they are supposedly under a DDoS attack which does not seem at all right as each server has its own IP and i can still connect but get DCed a lot.

I think EA failed somewhere and did something wrong good old EA. 

Unfortunately I have been forced to play BO2 while BF3 is down... 

BF2 FLOOD THE SERVERS

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

It only says that for me every once and a while.. Not toooo often :)

hello

I wonder if they will give free premium or something.

Really? EA giving free stuff.. REALLY? Trololol. Sure thing. Expect the code in 2-4 business days in your inbox.

bf3_ddos_1sm.jpg

:D  :D  :D

Lol'd at this :P

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

I feel this would never have been a problem had it allowed users to host its own servers instead of relying on paid, dedicated servers.

PC in Profile

I uninstalled bf3, didn't have any money for the DLC so it became boring :/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I feel this would never have been a problem had it allowed users to host its own servers instead of relying on paid, dedicated servers.

Agreed, really crappy move, thank God I only paid $30 for my copy.

I uninstalled bf3, didn't have any money for the DLC so it became boring :/

The DLC is boring in itself, the only thing good about the DLC is new weapons, but new weapons should be free anyway. The maps aren't that good and I refuse to buy map packs and DLC when it should be free or at least cheaper than $15 freaking dollars that doesn't get you squat.

Just as an update to this- Dice seems to have fixed the problem and have posted this on Battelog-

The online-access situation related to the denial-of-service attacks has been stabilized. The DICE team is continuing to keep a close eye on malicious activity and will continue to make adjustments as needed. In the meantime, we’re happy to announce the rescheduled dates for the BF3 double XP event! The new dates are May 23-27 with a total event running time of 96 hours. Thank you for your patience! /DICE Team

Personally for me though- my ping is around 40ms more than before, so I would not call it 'fixed' just yet, although I am really glad it atleast works now. What about you guys?

PC in Profile