Upgrading to a Ryzen 7 5800x3d, help needed.

Go to solution Solved by WereCat,

That VRM can handle 5800x3D as it's using about the same amount of power as your current 2600

- Hello everyone, in the future I should upgrade the Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 5800x3d but I'm having doubts if my board currently holds up in terms of VRM the processor.
MSI B450 VDH PRO MAX, It's a board that I still intend to use, I wasn't really looking to buy another board, if that's the case I'd buy a new generation Ryzen 7000,
which would be much more expensive..

Edit: I was discussing with friends about this, I just want to know if the board can handle the processor just for a while.

I said up there that I had no intention of buying a board because I want to use it for a while longer, so if the processor holds up I'll take advantage of the board I have until I buy a new one and rams indicated for the processor. I'm with 3000mhz cl16 rams and I've seen that 3600mhz cl16 are quite cheap.

9 minutes ago, th3reaperskullpt said:

- Hello everyone, in the future I should upgrade the Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 5800x3d but I'm having doubts if my board currently holds up in terms of VRM the processor.
MSI B450 VDH PRO MAX, It's a board that I still intend to use, I wasn't really looking to buy another board, if that's the case I'd buy a new generation Ryzen 7000,
which would be much more expensive..

Edit: I was discussing with friends about this, I just want to know if the board can handle the processor just for a while.

I said up there that I had no intention of buying a board because I want to use it for a while longer, so if the processor holds up I'll take advantage of the board I have until I buy a new one and rams indicated for the processor. I'm with 3000mhz cl16 rams and I've seen that 3600mhz cl16 are quite cheap.

It would appear your mobo supports a wide variety of cpu but for a complete list of what works, go to the website below.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-PRO-VDH-MAX/support#cpu