7600x vs 13600kf?

Jalpaka
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

Was about to say the same thing...
Take the games you plan on playing / do play and compare using metrics that are valuable to you.
Games that you won't play,... not really a concern IMO. Just find the games / series you are invested in and check those results for each platform (with respect to settings used between tests)

Iam planning to build a gaming pc and was debating between the ryzen 5 7600x and intel i5 13600kf. I saw allot of reviews saying that the 13600k(f) is better, but when i see benchmarks of both the 7600x is faster in some games by a significant margain. Also where I live they are the same price so that cant be the answer. So which is the better choice? I am mostly gonna use it for gaming.

Was about to say the same thing...
Take the games you plan on playing / do play and compare using metrics that are valuable to you.
Games that you won't play,... not really a concern IMO. Just find the games / series you are invested in and check those results for each platform (with respect to settings used between tests)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Shouldn't make too much of a difference. Also depends on which resolution you play at. The higher the resolution, the less important the CPU will become, unless you have a GPU like a 4090 that can run into a CPU bottleneck even at higher resolutions.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Intel has some features for video work that AMD doesn't. On the other side, team red has shown better upgrade possibilities in the past so maybe that's a better investment. But in terms of performance... Might as well flip a coin and decide based on that.